Author Topic: AM will prefer to play video issue  (Read 3599 times)

kent79

• View Profile
AM will prefer to play video issue
« on: May 12, 2018, 10:56:26 PM »
Any one can teach me.

I setup system.cfg like as below.
artwork    snap            e:\Emulator\Attract Mode\emu\Sammy Atomiswave\videos
artwork    snap            e:\Emulator\Attract Mode\emu\Sammy Atomiswave\snap

When the script write as snap_t = fe.add_artwork( "snap",  0, 0, 320, 240 );, then AM will prefer to play video.

My question is: Any way to let AM to load snap image, if no image finding, then playing video.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: AM will prefer to play video issue
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 11:10:53 PM »
Code: [Select]
artwork    snap            e:\Emulator\Attract Mode\emu\Sammy Atomiswave\snap;e:\Emulator\Attract Mode\emu\Sammy Atomiswave\videos

kent79

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 11:26:02 PM »
artwork    snap            e:\Emulator\Attract Mode\emu\Sammy Atomiswave\snap;e:\Emulator\Attract Mode\emu\Sammy Atomiswave\videos

Not working. It is still loading video

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 12:05:33 AM »

Not working. It is still loading video

I prefer videos first and snapshots as a backup. I have used the reverse multi-path that I gave you above and thought it would work for you. I have now looked at https://github.com/mickelson/attract/blob/v2.3.0/Readme.md and can see that videos are always chosen first but can be overcome if you place the videos in subfolders with the game names. This would take some work and is more easily solved by modifying the layout.nut code to use a if/else type of statement like you were probably looking for in the first place, sorry.

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 06:04:53 AM »
Download the latest SDARCADE module from my site... it includes code that pulls up snaps only... then separate code that places and plays a video over the top of the snapshot after x number of seconds.  This should achieve the goal you're looking for,  no?
Visit my arcade blog ... www.idahogaragecade.com (updated 06-27-19)

kent79

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 05:21:30 PM »
Download the latest SDARCADE module from my site... it includes code that pulls up snaps only... then separate code that places and plays a video over the top of the snapshot after x number of seconds.  This should achieve the goal you're looking for,  no?

Thank you first. I will study  :)