Author Topic: Attract Mode + Groovymame not working properly on latest version  (Read 7287 times)

cyb

• View Profile
On the latest version of Attract Mode, Groovymame is not working properly. When I load a game, the resolution is obviously changed but then it just shows the desktop. If I try alt tabbing to mame, it still doesn't show it. I have an older version of AM that works great with the same groovymame binary so I'm not sure why this one wouldn't work? I've tried all combinations of fullscreen, windowed, fill-screen, etc inside AM.

edit: neglected to mention that I'm using Windows 7.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 02:19:09 PM by cyb »

cyb

• View Profile
Re: Attract Mode + Groovymame not working properly on latest version
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 02:18:46 PM »
update: I tried again last night. Borderless window mode seemed to work, but it still shows the windows taskbar. (windows 7)

nevincho

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 09:32:13 PM »
Try to activate ResFix plugin.

cyb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 09:58:58 PM »
This made no difference, unfortunately.

incrediblehark

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 03:02:36 PM »
any progress with this? I'm setting up AM with groovymame .203 and having no success... launches mame behind attract mode in a maximized window instead of fullscreen, and no option settings or command arguments will resolve it. attract.exe, attract-console.exe and running them by command line all get the same result. resfix doesnt help, and I even tried attract true black with no luck either. running mame on its own in command line or by clicking exe in windows works fine, its just with AM.

cyb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2018, 03:06:55 PM »
I was never able to figure it out. I ended up moving on to a different frontend. I'd love to come back to AM so I hope this gets fixed someday.

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 05:32:54 PM »
Does launching groovymame with a rom from the terminal work correctly? Proper res switching?

incrediblehark

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2018, 07:58:11 PM »
I just switched to 2.0.0 rc2 as per jimmer's suggestion in another thread and it solved my problem!

Ryan555

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2019, 10:27:49 PM »
I'm using AM 2.5.1 and Groovymame64 017th nonag d3d9ex. and CRT emu driver.
The problem I'm having is that I have to run Attract mode in a window if I run it any any other way eg. Fill Screen Groovymame starts but only sound is heard and a blank screen the game is running at 2 or 3 times normal. 
Interestingly I can make Groovymame run fine in a window and have Attractmode running with a full window or fill screen.
So it seems to be an issue with both the frontend and emulator running at full screen but if either one is in a window its ok.
I would really like Attract mode to be running with a full screen.
Thanks for any help.
Ryan

Rupert H

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 11:32:39 AM »
I'm having exactly the same issue, only mine boots correctly occasionally. Once it has booted a game correctly the first time, it will continue to work properly until you quit out of AM. If it decides that it's not going to boot though, it will repeatedly boot games in the background forcing me to restart AM.

I'd really appreciate a fix as I love running AM on my cab and really don't want to have to find another solution.

For reference I'm running Windows 7 Pro, GroovyMAME64 2.06 d3dex non-nag with Attract Mode 2.5.1.

Ryan555

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2019, 01:17:38 AM »
Thanks for posting that you are having the same issue.  I'm running 2.02 of No Nag Groovymame.  I have also tried regular 2.02 Groovymame but it was the same problem.  Would be good to try a normal version of Mame but it too hard to do at the moment unless I try it on another machine.
I have also tried editing the mame.ini and changing the video option from auto to d3d and ddraw this made no difference still black screen when Attract mode is full screen.

Rupert H

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2019, 02:50:53 AM »
Yeah, it's very frustrating as I used to have GM1.93 with AM2.3 running and I never had this problem. I don't think it's a Windows 7 issue as I run my cab PC offline so there's no way it could be an update issue on Windows side.

If anybody has any advice that could solve this I'd be hugely grateful. My cab is pretty much unusable until I can get AM running.  :'(

Ryan555

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2019, 02:36:44 PM »
Can you try running AM2.3 with your current setup eg. GM2.06 and see if it works ok with full screen that way can try and narrow down if its a emulator, hardware or frontend issue.