Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 548520 times)

Jate

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 8.8 [Release] Updated 10 September 2020
« Reply #1065 on: September 17, 2020, 04:02:53 AM »
I have copied the files: Arcadeflow_88.tar.gz and latest_version.txt to the Arcadeflow folder.

I start AM and I get that there is a new version, I select download and install and I get this:

But when starting again it tries to load the Arcadeflow_88 layout and as it does not exist it does not load any layout.

Sorry

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1066 on: September 17, 2020, 04:26:38 AM »
But when starting again it tries to load the Arcadeflow_88 layout and as it does not exist it does not load any layout.

Yep, auto update assumes you are not changing the Arcadeflow folder name, so Arcadeflow_87 should be your current folder, and it will be upgraded to Arcadeflow_88, and the attract.cfg will be updated accordingly.
There's an alternative though: make a backup copy of your current Arcadeflow directory just to be sure, and simply extract the new archive "on top" of the old one. It should not touch your preference files!

Jate

• View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: September 17, 2020, 05:03:35 AM »
Yep, auto update assumes you are not changing the Arcadeflow folder name, so Arcadeflow_87 should be your current folder, and it will be upgraded to Arcadeflow_88, and the attract.cfg will be updated accordingly.

I have done a test and I have put the layout as Arcadeflow_87 and I have assigned it to the emulators.
This is how it should be, right? although the problem is the same

There's an alternative though: make a backup copy of your current Arcadeflow directory just to be sure, and simply extract the new archive "on top" of the old one. It should not touch your preference files!

I do so normally and no problem ;)

PD: Are you still working on more news and layout changes? I prefer to wait to update the Spanish translation (I have seen new things)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1068 on: September 18, 2020, 02:04:46 AM »
I have done a test and I have put the layout as Arcadeflow_87 and I have assigned it to the emulators.
This is how it should be, right? although the problem is the same

Hmm can you try giving this command from a shell?
Code: [Select]
mkdir "D:\AM\TESTTESTTEST/"and see if it works? It should create a TESTTESTTEST folder inside your AM folder.

PD: Are you still working on more news and layout changes? I prefer to wait to update the Spanish translation (I have seen new things)

I think it's better to wait a bit, I'm adding new sorting options to the displays menu list, and I still need to translate to italian the new text added in latest versions. Let me do it in 8.8, then you'll be able to do the translation more easily

Jate

• View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: September 18, 2020, 08:22:18 AM »

Hmm can you try giving this command from a shell?
Code: [Select]
mkdir "D:\AM\TESTTESTTEST/"and see if it works? It should create a TESTTESTTEST folder inside your AM folder.

Yes, work

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: September 19, 2020, 02:16:18 PM »
Noticing with new version that each time I enter AF, when I select a collection the layout seems to hang a little until it enters like it's processing something. It feels slower than before because of that. Doesn't seem related to size of collection or romlists.

PS: Is there a way to add a global favorite collection (that has all the favorites since I'm using a master romlist), like a system, to display menu? I tried it but on AF each time I selected it, the layout hanged a little then went to first collection in display menu instead. ???

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1071 on: September 20, 2020, 02:19:15 AM »
Noticing with new version that each time I enter AF, when I select a collection the layout seems to hang a little until it enters like it's processing something. It feels slower than before because of that. Doesn't seem related to size of collection or romlists.

When you say a "collection" you mean a display built from a romlist generated aggregating romlists using Attract Mode "Generate Collection / Rom List"? There might be a delay when changing displays because of the way Arcadeflow scans the displays list to switch to the correct one without restarting the layout, but that's not changed in latest versions so it shouldn't be slower than previous AF. Can you run attract-console.exe and see if you have error messages when changing to a collection?

PS: Is there a way to add a global favorite collection (that has all the favorites since I'm using a master romlist), like a system, to display menu? I tried it but on AF each time I selected it, the layout hanged a little then went to first collection in display menu instead. ???

Is your master romlist created through Attract Mode usual menus, or did you hack your romlist files to create it? There's probably some bug here, let's see first if there are error messages when running it from the console.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1072 on: September 20, 2020, 02:51:47 AM »
Noticing with new version that each time I enter AF, when I select a collection the layout seems to hang a little until it enters like it's processing something.

I just noticed another possible issue: if you hide layouts from the displays menu it should work flawlessly, unless you hide them from the cycle too. Basically Arcadeflow will freak out if some layouts are not in the cycle list :/

Yaron2019

« Reply #1073 on: September 20, 2020, 05:45:06 AM »
This is a consistent crash on my win10 pc. A fresh copy of AF_88, AM 2.6.1 of course.
https://youtu.be/r9Tp7kf7EDE

Switching from 2 rows to 1 and then from 1 and 2 rows?

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: September 20, 2020, 05:54:32 AM »
When I said a collection I meant like a normal system, say SNES or Dreamcast or other.  ;)

The master romlist is created from all the collections/systems available and the romlist appears like this:

#System name 1
games

#System name 2
games

Running attract-console (needs to be from stable 2.6.1, daily version gets issues with AF) only see this error at launch, with several entries with this:

Uniform "enabled" not found in shader

Regarding favorites, now that you mentioned that about AF not liking layouts hiding from the cycle, I had it hide when tested because I wanted for it to be available only in the displays menu. Tried unhide cycle and works good after that. ??? Thanks for the hint.  ;D

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1075 on: September 20, 2020, 07:05:30 AM »
When I said a collection I meant like a normal system, say SNES or Dreamcast or other.  ;)

The master romlist is created from all the collections/systems available and the romlist appears like this:

#System name 1
games

#System name 2
games

I'm not familiar with this setup: I usually define a display for each emulator, and each emulator has the "System" field filled accordingly, then I generate a collection if I need a multi-system romlist, but I think it's different from a master romlist. Do you create it manually?

I'm fixing the bug with displays not in cycle list, and also increasing the display switching speed, but a bit of hiccup before changing display is unavoidable (alternative would be reloading the entire layout which will take much longer)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1076 on: September 20, 2020, 09:02:03 AM »
This is a consistent crash on my win10 pc. A fresh copy of AF_88, AM 2.6.1 of course.
https://youtu.be/r9Tp7kf7EDE

Hmm this is weird... does it crash only when you turn on the audio in thumbnails? When you change the options from 1 row to 2 rows the layout reloads, so there should be no interference between one and the other, each time it reloads from scratch.

The errors I see in the log are not really errors, just warnings, but just to be sure can you share the content of the D:\arcade\attract\romlists\mame.favdate file? If it exists obviously...

Trying to figure out what could've gone wrong, the first thing I suspect is an issue with audio, so if you can try with no audio in the thumbnails to see if it crashes anyway.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1077 on: September 20, 2020, 09:04:41 AM »

But before anything else, try disabling the "automatically check for update" feature from the "Update" options menu... just in case something weird happens when the layout tries to auto update

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: September 20, 2020, 09:30:23 AM »

#System name 1
games

#System name 2
games

I'm not familiar with this setup: I usually define a display for each emulator, and each emulator has the "System" field filled accordingly, then I generate a collection if I need a multi-system romlist, but I think it's different from a master romlist. Do you create it manually?

I'm fixing the bug with displays not in cycle list, and also increasing the display switching speed, but a bit of hiccup before changing display is unavoidable (alternative would be reloading the entire layout which will take much longer)

Many thanks again for your help and effort.  :)

At first I started doing the master romlist using AM feature for that, to generate a romlist using all the ones available (putting "YES" on all the systems) then save it with a different name, like "all games" or other. But found that it got me some issues on systems like arcade/mame when doing that. Also didn't like how it didn't separate so well the systems in the romlist file like the example I gave before.

Plus, I'm using a global filter rule on all the systems with "FileIsAvailable equals 1" together with full sets romlists (generated by AM using xml lists) to avoid the need to ever generate a romlist with any game that I might add. This way the games instant appear in the frontend when you add any if they follow the no intro naming. And this also got me a specific issue when using AM auto generating a master romlist since it only puts there the games available at the time, not the full sets lists. So, basically, I had to do a mix of auto and manual. Auto for all the systems individually, then copy/paste manually all the systems romlists to the master one. :P

A master romlist can also be very useful for the favorites and custom collections generated by AM filters too (Mario, Sonic, etc) because that way they can appear and used globally from all the systems in a build instead of being connected only to single systems.

Looking forward to test the new fixes and improvements as usual. :)

PS: Maybe you can create also a favorites logo (with the star or other solution you prefer) with the text font like the systems if we want to have them in the display menu?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 09:33:26 AM by Enkak »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1079 on: September 20, 2020, 09:33:30 AM »
Plus, I'm using a global filter rule on all the systems with "FileIsAvailable equals 1"

Ah, global filter rules! I don't even know if AF can work with that :D Gotta check out how it fares with my custom list management...

PS: Maybe you can create also a favorites logo (with the star or other solution you prefer) with the text font like the systems if we want to have them in the display menu?

That would be a nice idea, adding a "Favourites" system with proper logo