Author Topic: Attractmode hanging on startup with LEDblinky  (Read 4304 times)

artyfarty

• View Profile
Attractmode hanging on startup with LEDblinky
« on: November 23, 2015, 07:00:12 AM »
Hi,

I'm running attractmode 1.6 and have just added an ledwiz to my cabinet (12 led buttons), and want to use ledwiz to control the lighting.

I'm getting a problem with attractmode hanging on first startup with the ledblinky plugin enabled.

Attractmode starts, and after a short wait I see the ledblinky splash screen, the lights flash, and I hear the Ledblinky audio. But then attract mode hangs with a black screen.

If I shut down attractmode and restart it, everything works properly. But I get the same problem again on the next reboot.

Anyone else seen this issue, or found a fix?

Running on Windows 10 x64.

Thanks.

chrisvg

• View Profile
Re: Attractmode hanging on startup with LEDblinky
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 05:10:04 AM »
Necro!

I just recently started playing around with a ServoStik using LEDBlinky to trigger the servo motor to switch the restrictor plate between 4/8 way.

It all works great until I bring AM into the picture.  As artyfarty mentioned, AM crashes magnificently when it spawns the LEDBlinky process at startup.

To work around this issue, I wrote a simple Windows batch file to start LEDBlinky running in the background immediately before launching AM.  See the below batch file:

attractblinky.bat
Code: [Select]
@echo off
start ..\ledblinky\ledblinky.exe
attract.exe

I have this file in my AM directory, with the LEDBlinky program files in the adjacent LEDBlinky directory.  Modify to suit your setup and it should be sweet!

Hope this helps for anyone else that is keen to get their Pac-Man on without getting stuck trying to turn around corners :)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 05:12:21 AM by chrisvg »

chrisvg

• View Profile
Re: Attractmode hanging on startup with LEDblinky
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 10:01:13 PM »
Here's a proper fix instead of working around the issue with a batch file...

I noticed that raygun recently added additional support for plugins spawning processes in the background, so I updated the built in LEDBlinky.nut plugin script to use this new function call and voila, no more hangs and no need to manually start LEDBlinky beforehand, yay!  ;D

To use this updated script, simply extract the archive into your plugins directory and replace the original LEDBlinky.nut file.