Author Topic: The Great Themes Collection v10.3.2 - Final Edition! (Updated 27 February 2021)  (Read 157337 times)

Multiplexer02

• View Profile
Hello,

thanks for the Cool Theme.
But i had a Problem with the Themes.

I run AM under Win10 ( Hyper PC Version)
Attract-Mode v2.3.0 (Windows, SFML 2.4 +SWF +7z)
avcodec 57.107.100 / avformat 57.83.100 / swscale 4.8.100 / swresample 2.9.10

The Problem is, no Snaps are not shown same at Backgrounds. TAhings like the TV is in foreground. normaly it is more in the Background .I have this issue on all the other Themes too.

Some Themes have the System Title in the background here with the PSX-Logo is ok. But no Background,Snap an TV is in foreground and Console is in Background

last_run.cfg says :
Error opening input file: H:\HyperPC\Attract\layouts/Sony PlayStation/bkg.png
ERROR loading video: H:\HyperPC\Attract\layouts/Sony PlayStation/bkg.png

but in the Folder is bkg.jpg not bkg.png
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 02:59:40 PM by Multiplexer02 »

Yaron2019

“Attract-Mode v2.3.0” - this is the problem, you need to update to the latest stable release:
http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=3221.0

« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 02:35:02 AM by Yaron2019 »

DamnedRegistrations

• View Profile
Is there any possible way to display game title text instead of the missing wheel icons? Makes navigating a bit difficult.

Obviously there's tons of games out there with missing wheels, especially for Commodore systems. I used to be one of the main wheel makers at Hyperspin and there were a lot of systems we just never got to.

Yaron2019

Is there any possible way to display game title text instead of the missing wheel icons? Makes navigating a bit difficult.

Hi, not that I am aware of. You can post this question also on our discord channel where more people can see it and interact:
https://discord.gg/86bB9dD

« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 04:35:06 AM by Yaron2019 »

Multiplexer02

• View Profile
“Attract-Mode v2.3.0” - this is the problem, you need to update to the latest stable release:
http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=3221.0

Thats the Problem.Thanks!

DamnedRegistrations

• View Profile

Hi, not that I am aware of. You can post this question also on our discord channel where more people can see it and interact:
https://discord.gg/86bB9dD

BTW, did you see our Hyperspin Attraction build? It's our homage to HS:  :)
https://www.arcadepunks.com/hyperspin-attraction-update-1-from-the-motleykru/
That's funny. Back in like 2017 we hated that you guys were taking our artwork we made for HS and freely distributing it but I don't care now. I usually always gave out all the wheel and box art I worked on for anyone who asked (I did most of the Sega Genesis 3D box set for example). The main dev for HS lied repeatedly promising updates for HS and basically disappeared while still collecting membership payments. We never even got widescreen support for it. So I'm glad to see HS artwork being spread around online now.

However I don't like to see Emumovies vids being given out if I'm being honest. I spent a large amount of time doing a ton of videos you guys are just handing out in torrents. Circo and Emumovies deserves the support and people should be paying for those.

Yaron2019

On the contrary, People worked countless hours on thousands of themes and distributed it freely on the HS website and forums. Recording those themes and placing them behind pay walls is what is wrong.
Furthermore, the entire retro gaming scene is built upon other people’s artwork and IP which is fine as it is exactly the purpose of the scene in the first place - to remember and experience their work.
Our build is a free, no payment involved, easy to use tribute to HyperSpin’s community, we do not hide it, we emphasize it!  :)

To be clear: I am not criticizing you personally in any way or form and if you recorded many of these videos we will be happy to add you to the new credits video we are doing for the next update (current credits screen is a jpg and there is not enough room for all the required names).
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 01:58:23 AM by Yaron2019 »

DamnedRegistrations

• View Profile
As I said, I don't mind HS artwork to be distributed around. You can search my name on the HS site to see all the things I've worked on, I never had an issue giving things out to people who asked and couldn't afford a premium account. It's just artwork afterall.

You don't need to credit me for anything but I don't think it's right for videos from Emumovies to be shared out on what is basically a piracy site. That's a whole other matter. Circo has spent years recording videos and everything that comes with maintaining a large site like that by himself. It isn't free to host thousands of video files afterall. You're essentially stealing from him by taking vids from there and handing them out in torrents and thinking it's okay if you just throw our names in the credits.

Enkak

• View Profile
As I said, I don't mind HS artwork to be distributed around. You can search my name on the HS site to see all the things I've worked on, I never had an issue giving things out to people who asked and couldn't afford a premium account. It's just artwork afterall.

You don't need to credit me for anything but I don't think it's right for videos from Emumovies to be shared out on what is basically a piracy site. That's a whole other matter. Circo has spent years recording videos and everything that comes with maintaining a large site like that by himself. It isn't free to host thousands of video files afterall. You're essentially stealing from him by taking vids from there and handing them out in torrents and thinking it's okay if you just throw our names in the credits.

Firstly let me say hi. :)

Now to hopefully clear some things in this matter.
Our intention, and you can see in base build description, was not to upset anyone. The opposite really. A tribute and to give people a fun alternative since original HS can be a headache as we know.

• That build uses a selection of games, not full sets. It makes a difference.
  • ALL the videos included were reencoded because EM recording settings usually don't play nice with frontends. Lot of work. No, that doesn't make them ours. But it's an important detail.
  • Several themes included there were made for it by us, others done originally for HS by us and others recorded by us.
  • Also, part of us paid for EM premium anyway, same for HyperSpin so we are already supporting them with money if that's so important.
  • Credits are important because not only you acknowledge who did or contributed but also because users will support EM too since they always add their own games so they go to EM for the media. And yes, part of them have also paid accounts there.
  • AP might be just more visible because it's an open site but you have full distributions, with full EM assets and others, everywhere, from private trackers, to discord, facebook groups, forums and so on.
  • Like you said, usage of HS theme videos to mimic the HS experience has been done since years ago.

Cheers.

kent79

• View Profile
Dear DamnedRegistrations , take it easy man.

In my mind, all is fair use, the important thing is - don't get money from the project or put it to business use. All contributors is also nice guy.  ;)

Yaron2019

You are making money or assisting others to make money from other people’s work and you are blaming us of stealing?? Did you ask permission from theme creators, artists, game developers or publishers to record and sell their work?? What a hypocrite!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 03:33:24 PM by Yaron2019 »

duy64

• View Profile
For some reason I can't get the "At The Arcade" theme to show the cabinet, it will show the video and the marque, every other version of the "At The Arcade Mugen, Atomiswave, etc..." theme seems to work fine.
I'm using the nightly build of AM, and it was working on the previous versions of the collection, I haven't made any changes to the settings.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Yaron2019

For some reason I can't get the "At The Arcade" theme to show the cabinet, it will show the video and the marque, every other version of the "At The Arcade Mugen, Atomiswave, etc..." theme seems to work fine.
I'm using the nightly build of AM, and it was working on the previous versions of the collection, I haven't made any changes to the settings.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Hi! can you please post the layout.nut file that is in your At-The-Arcade folder?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 12:20:27 PM by Yaron2019 »

Yaron2019

No matter, I found the issue. Copy the attached layout.nut file to your At-The-Arcade folder, it should work now.
I will update the main download as well (you don't need to redownload).

Thanks for reporting it.

duy64

• View Profile
I downloaded the new nut file, and it is now working properly again.

Thank you,