Author Topic: Launching exe from displays menu  (Read 2546 times)

FunkyGibber

• View Profile
Launching exe from displays menu
« on: March 07, 2021, 02:28:15 AM »
I recently decided to add a jukebox to my cabinet. I'm using SK Jukebox and I've configured the program externally; all I need to do now is have the ability to launch it through Attract Mode.

All my emulators are first selected from icons on the displays menu screen (which is the Flat_Blue display), then individual games are selected from a second screen where I'm using a wheel to display the individual game names (this display is the Nevato display). Obviously this second screen is needed so that the individual games can be selected. With a Jukebox this isn't needed. The individual songs are selected on the jukebox software. So I would like the SK Jukebox exe to launch from the FIRST screen (the Flat_Blue display) without taking the user to the second screen. I can't figure this out. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

hermine.potter

• View Profile
Re: Launching exe from displays menu
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 11:55:38 AM »
-start program from utility menu plugin
Here
Here
Here
Here

or

edit sourcecode of layout
AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM

manzarek

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 12:55:36 PM »
-start program from utility menu plugin
Here
Here
Here
Here

or

edit sourcecode of layout
Thanks
Mame Fighting

FunkyGibber

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 01:15:03 PM »
Thanks for these links. Using the UtilityMenu in the Plugins section allows me to open a program by clicking the button U (as in your examples) which is great, but I'd like to open the Jukebox software without a keyboard click, but instead selecting the jukebox icon (by scrolling through the emulator icons) and pressing the start button. Somehow making a script trigger by clicking on the jukebox emulator on the Displays Menu.