Author Topic: Launching Street Fighter V in Attract Mode help  (Read 3615 times)

tonberryhunter

• View Profile
Launching Street Fighter V in Attract Mode help
« on: March 14, 2017, 10:04:20 PM »
Every PC game I have run with Attract Mode works great but whenever I launch Street Fighter V with Attract Mode my 360 controller still controls Attract Mode and SFV at the same time causing SFV to get pushed in the background and Attract Mode to either load another game or jump back in front of SFV.  Its really pretty awkward and I dont know if there is a way around this with a special command argument or something.

Thanks in advance

djrobx

• View Profile
Re: Launching Street Fighter V in Attract Mode help
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 01:51:25 PM »
It sounds like whatever you're running in AM loads the game as another process, then exits.

I don't have SFV so it's hard to be more specific, but it would be helpful if you shared the command line you're running.   Also if you acquired the game through Steam, there is a "minimum runtime" option that's supposed to be helpful for running Steam games.

tonberryhunter

• View Profile
Re: Launching Street Fighter V in Attract Mode help
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 02:01:04 PM »
It sounds like whatever you're running in AM loads the game as another process, then exits.

I don't have SFV so it's hard to be more specific, but it would be helpful if you shared the command line you're running.   Also if you acquired the game through Steam, there is a "minimum runtime" option that's supposed to be helpful for running Steam games.

I tried setting the wait time and sometimes this fixes the issue sometimes it does not.  Its as if the program acts different everytime I start the game. 

Here is my setup for PC games.  Note every other game works fine.  If there was a way to force focus on SFV that would solve this issue. 

# Generated by Attract-Mode v2.2.1
#
executable           cmd
args                 /c "[romfilename]"
rompath              \Roms\pc
romext               .lnk;.bat;.exe
system               PC
info_source          thegamesdb.net
minimum_run_time     5
exit_hotkey          Escape
artwork    flyer           \Attract Mode\scraper\Windows\flyer
artwork    marquee         \Attract Mode\scraper\Windows\marquee