Author Topic: Need access to nightly builds  (Read 2352 times)

Asterra

• View Profile
Need access to nightly builds
« on: July 31, 2017, 03:00:29 PM »
I'm running out of time.  Just a few more days and whatever I have on the laptop is what I'll be locked-in with.  The latest AttractMode on offer is 2.2.1, and it includes an annoying menu bug which, according to others, has been fixed in more recent revisions.  The problem?  Those recent revisions are available here: https://build.btolab.com/project/attractmode/  Don't bother; the link is dead.  Evidently it is up for a span of months and then down for a span of months, and right now that status is "down".  However this doesn't stop Raspberry Pi users from downloading the latest build if they know how to do it, so obviously there's no real limitation going on here and it's just a matter of making that link work so PC users can get the latest binary.

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Need access to nightly builds
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 04:29:43 PM »
uhhh… the link is „up“ for me? Nightlies isn’t exactly every night as the latest build is two months old.

The latest windows build is as follows:
attract-v2.2.1-43-win64.zip   11-Apr-17 02:47:41 UTC   17M   70

Asterra

• View Profile
Re: Need access to nightly builds
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 10:47:13 PM »
uhhh… the link is „up“ for me?
That was actually pretty helpful.  It made me realize I could solve the problem by using my phone as a proxy.

Crossing my fingers that this version carries the same fix that was available on the RetroPi iteration.

Edit: For the record, yes, that two-month-old build did in fact carry the fix for the menu bug.  So if anyone down the road finds this post and has similar troubles getting the nightly build link to work, try using a proxy.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 01:07:35 AM by Asterra »