Author Topic: Game Order tweaks  (Read 2206 times)

apzonerunner

• View Profile
Game Order tweaks
« on: November 08, 2017, 02:29:41 AM »
Hey folks,

I've got a cabinet that I'm running which has a display for various systems - I have one main display that combines Windows EXEs, MAME, Model2 and Demul - all works pretty brilliantly.

This displays a bunch of different games using their titles, but what I'm looking to do is edit a bunch of games so they appear in a different order. It mostly applies to 'Super' fighting games and stuff - for instance, I'd like Ultra Street Fighter IV (windows EXE) to sit next to Street Fighter V in the menu. I've tried editing the game and changing the title, but this doesn't appear to move the game in the general order of things in the display. The same is true of say, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (MAME), where if I edit its title to be "Mortal Kombat 3, Ultimate" it remains down in the Us - I presume because of the romname (umk3).

Anyway, is there a way around this? Hoping there is, but it's not the end of the world if not...

rand0m

• View Profile
Re: Game Order tweaks
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 02:58:58 AM »
Following info structure is being used in romlists:

#Name;Title;Emulator;CloneOf;Year;Manufacturer;Category;Players;Rotation;Control;Status;DisplayCount;DisplayType;AltRomname;AltTitle;Extra;Buttons

You can make the changes in Title and then go to required display settings and tweak the "ALL" filter to sort files via Title. Or open attract.cfg, scroll down till you reach the required list (say multisyslist) and in ALL filter change the sort order to Title.

Long way if the above doesn't work (make a backup of romlist):

1. import the said romlist.txt in excel: Open Excel > Import > Romlist > Delimited, Delimiters check "Others" and enter ;  select General
2. You will have columns divided by the ; sign. Make all the changes in Titles (can also sort the rows via title to get an exact idea of changes) and save as "tab delimited txt"
3. Open the newly made txt file, got to Find and Replace. In "Find" press tab for blank space and In "Replace" enter ; (if using notepad you have to open any file in wordpad press tab, select the blank space copy it and then use that in "Find")
4. Rename this file same as your romlist and use it (If you generate romlist again or use any other online or offline source as extra file/ source the titles might be overwritten - so if there are many changes keep a backup)