Author Topic: At-The-Arcade Multi-Cab [Release] - Updated 20 February 2021  (Read 82341 times)

sosimple

• View Profile
Re: At-The-Arcade Multi-Cab [Release] - Updated 20 February 2021
« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2021, 07:29:24 AM »
Thanks for the reply! I cant figure out what is the problem then.. For the games that there isn't a fanart , I got a black backround. What is the name of static image of an Arcade hall ? Is it "bkg_base.jpg" ?  I suppose it doesn't find this jpg. What folder should be in?
Edit I tried At-The-Arcade Flex also , same problem.
I also copy bkg_base.jpg from theme folder to fanart folder (where all fanart jpg are and working) just in case but no luck..
I tried in 2 pc. Thanks,

Try converting bkg_base.jpg to png format, delete the jpg and try again.
What OS are you using?
Windows 10. I'll try it now..
Edit..
It worked!! Many many thanks! Perhaps in main theme should be in png also, so no one has this problem.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 07:36:17 AM by sosimple »

Yaron2019

« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2021, 11:41:32 AM »
It worked!! Many many thanks! Perhaps in main theme should be in png also, so no one has this problem.

If I do another release I will convert all jpg files to png. AM seems to like the png format better... I have no idea why.

poyomg

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2021, 02:00:47 PM »
Cool, will check it out

Tungsten78

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2021, 10:15:45 AM »
Beautiful work on this theme.

After configuring to my heart's content I noticed attract.exe crashes on startup.
Root caused it to be triggered by the "Music" Ambience setting.
* Works if reverted and switched in Layout Options, until you restart
* Tried adjusting start delay, just causes the crash to be delayed

Nothing useful in the event log details associated with the crash.

Any ideas, love the music option and default selections.

tsaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2021, 10:00:05 AM »
Nice that you were able to narrow down the cause. After I worked on the modified "At-The-Arcade Flex" version of this theme, Yaron2019 mentioned to me that he found a potential crash issue, so I included his suggested fix in my version but never actually released it. Now that you're mentioning this, I've re-released my version with the update, as it seems likely the same issue.

I expected that Yaron would eventually do the same, but I'm not sure where he has gone (his profile name seems to have changed to "na").

Tungsten78

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2021, 06:41:43 PM »
Do you guys have these in GitHub?     Do you recall what the fix is?   
* I'd be happy to port it and re-release
* I will take a look at the Flex version to see if it fixes things for me

One thing I started diving in the nut file for was to see what it would take to detect missing wheel artwork and replace with a text placeholder instead of the '?'.  A few other nice to haves I would be willing to extend the theme with:
* PlayedCounts
* DisplayName
* Filter name

Thoughts?

tsaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2021, 09:02:14 PM »
Thanks Tungsten78. It's not in GitHub, but you know, I've actually made that same comment, and I don't know why more layouts aren't done that way. I'm going to make the effort now to get my version there.

But also... yes! I found the fix Yaron originally provided me, basically a replacement for the entire "Ambience sound / Music" section of the layout.nut. I'll attach it here.

As for your other suggestions, good ideas! I've actually considered the same thing regarding text placeholders for missing wheel art. And I've thought about adding more text to the bottom but hadn't decided what to add there. For my "Flex" version of the theme I'll think about some additions, once I've gotten it into GitHub first.

Tungsten78

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2021, 09:19:46 PM »
Let me know once you have it up there.
I'd be happy to contribute to it.  Or help get it up there on GitHub.

I'll check out your theme tomorrow.  Assuming it's mostly a recent fork of Yaron's it should be a drop in place migration?

Who is maintaining the Great Theme's Collection.  Would be a shame for all that hard work to come to an end. 

tsaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 31, 2021, 04:26:54 PM »
The At-The-Arcade Flex theme is in github now (see http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=3979.0). Yeah it's essentially a fork with a large number of changes and a different name. Probably want to install it in its own folder with its expected "Flex" name, but the settings are mostly the same and the appearance should be close. The largest differences are the support of multiple aspect ratios and the addition of pinball support.

Agreed about the Great Themes Collection. I hope we see Yaron around here again.

Tungsten78

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2022, 10:11:31 AM »
@tstaylor,

Indeed the music start crash is fixed in Flex Master.      Much thanks.

Multiplexer02

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 07, 2022, 01:12:52 AM »
The Files are gone frome the first Post. Knows anybody more?

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 07, 2022, 01:41:55 AM »
The Files are gone frome the first Post. Knows anybody more?

If you look at the screen, it says a TOS violation which means that it is has breached copyright and someone has asked for that file to be removed.

MegaSync sadly has changed from what it used to be like, it used to be great for piracy, but when they got taken to court, they had to clean up their act or be shut down.

If things contain N roms, or has artwork, themes etc that a copyright holder see's and says no you cannot use our work then they will shut it down.

Regards

Mark
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

Computer Specs : I7 3770K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Win 10
HD Specs : 1 x 1 TB SSD + 4 x 8 TB = 33 TB (fullish)
First system : ZX81 (Yes I am an old fart)
PS Network : MarkNorvile
Xbox : Mark Norville

Multiplexer02

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 07, 2022, 04:46:07 AM »
Thanks for the Quick Answer.
but, can't things be uploaded where others can?

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 07, 2022, 06:12:10 AM »
I am not God my child, it is up to the skin creator to host the locations.

If the file gets copyright issues, then it needs to be flagged in this thread and wait for the skinner to reupload if he does.

The last update on this was 2021 so almost a year ago now, and judging by the forum, the front end is dying a sad death.

I have only just started playing with AM this week, so I am learning as well, but so far it has surprised me, so I hope that good things happen with the software and skins.

The only major negative is that the frontend has one of the most complex skinning requirements needed, and it does not matter how good a front end is, without killer skins, no one will use it.

A lot of good skins still around, just need to search the forum, or look on youtube for attract mode themes, skins and you will find some worth looking at.

Regards

Mark
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

Computer Specs : I7 3770K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Win 10
HD Specs : 1 x 1 TB SSD + 4 x 8 TB = 33 TB (fullish)
First system : ZX81 (Yes I am an old fart)
PS Network : MarkNorvile
Xbox : Mark Norville

Tungsten78

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2022, 05:25:13 PM »
Thanks for the Quick Answer.
but, can't things be uploaded where others can?

Check out Flex Master layout, it's a fork and has a GitHub link you can use to get the layout.  Use scrapers or emuMovies to get the artwork yourself.