Author Topic: Mame games list question  (Read 2178 times)

clockman

• View Profile
Mame games list question
« on: October 10, 2021, 03:53:43 AM »
If i create a games list for all mame games, is there a way to make it it show only the games i added and not all the games from the list? I don't want to keep making games list because retroarch mame dosen't support listxml.

hermine.potter

• View Profile
Re: Mame games list question
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 08:13:46 AM »
You can:

use Tags
or
stamp specific games as favourites
or
read specific text from romlists-fields

and filter romlists for these values.
AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM

dmmarti

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 08:35:06 AM »
You should also be able to add a filter to the Display for:

FileIsAvailable = 1

That should only shows games where the rom file exists.  You can have your romlist file contain every known MAME game, but only show the ones you have rom files for.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 07:48:46 AM »
@clockman You CAN use a list xml for retroarch...well sort of... Find a version of mame on the main mame site here that matches the version of the retroarch core you are using. (That can be found here) then use that version of mame for your executable. It will use that versions xml list..which will math the version of the mame core you are using.

Now this may not be one hundred percent mind you because say the mame 2003 plus core is modified and many games added to it that were not in the regular 2003 bulid of mame.

Also note that this will only work in Windows (or linux via wine).

If you really want to be picky and micromanage your lists, make a copy of your lists and open them in a plain text editor (i.e. notepad in windows or nano in linux) or rename them from list.txt to list.csv and open them in a spreadsheet program to really tweak them! Just make sure you save them as plain test csv format files NOT anything else or you will destroy your lists! (That's why you made a back up first like I said right!?) Then rename the list.csv file back to list.txt and make sure they are on your attract romlist folder so that AM can see them!

People want life easy..then complain about it