Author Topic: RELEASED - ArcadeFlix 2.0 Main Menu Theme (1920 x 1080 Or Up works 4K)  (Read 4624 times)

Mark Norville

• View Profile
Firstly, amazing work by sergiohyperspin for creating this http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=4108.0. I know he copied someone else for the code, but he gave him credit, so I will as well iOtero.

FOR THE DOWNLOAD SCROLL DOWN TO THE SECOND COMMENT, IT CONTAINS THE DOWNLOADS AND SKIN AND BUG FIX INFORMATION

Secondly, I have only been testing AM for this week, and only started looking at trying to modify this skin today, I am a hacker/modder but not a coder so credits to everyone that can code, especially from the ground up.

I still have final touches to make, but the skin is complete enough to release a video on the work that I have done.

Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMO-lZflxi8 (5:21)

When will this be released? I should hopefully be able to upload tomorrow 09th of Jan 2022, I still have final testing to do and looking at bug fixes if I can

What modifications have I done?

1) I have removed the white selection box. (Bottom of the screen)

Why? See number five, and besides it was annoying the hell out of me, and it was ugly.

2) The system and collection wheel at the bottom of the screen is now wheel only (for now at least).

Why? Firstly I think that system & collection logo's look far better, they are spaced out more and look less crowded. The video snaps at the bottom was slowing down my computer, so they were removed so that other people do not have the same issues.

3) The search at the top right was removed (It is back, but search crashes the skin, so I need to look more into that)

Why? I tried it, I set up custom keys, but for me it did not work. I now have it working, search that is, just not on this skin.

4) The ArcadeFlix in the top left hand corner has been removed or has it? (Improvement)

Why? I have now given you the option of having it displayed or not. You can now change this by going to

Displays, Displays Menu Options, Layout Options, Select ArcadeFlix Logo

Default is 01 (turned off) 02 = red 03 = yellow 04 = green 05 = dark blue 06 = aqua blue 07 = black

You can change, alter or add your own logo's by going to

Attract Mode\layouts\ArcadeFlix 2.0 Main Menu\Artwork\arcadeflix (you do not have a graphic for 01 hence being turned off as nothing to display)

5) The white selection box has been removed or has it? (Improvement)

Why? I hated that white box, it looked ugly, disgusting and I hated hated hated it (quick phone call to my shrink)

You now have the option of selecting your own system/collection selector, it is only a simple text logo underneath the system that you are on, but you have a few options such as press start, press fire etc.

Displays, Displays Menu Options, Layout Options, Select System Selection Logo

Default is 01 (turned off) and then you have six other options

You can change, alter or add your own text or indicator of what system you are on by going to

Attract Mode\layouts\ArcadeFlix 2.0 Main Menu\Artwork\selector (you do not have a graphic for 01 hence being turned off as nothing to display)

6) The ratings bar (tab) has been removed (right side of the screen)

Why? It was useless and served no purpose. Consoles are not rated so I do not see why someone would have a rating bar pop up for.

I will update this, but late for me and I am closing down for the night, ready for the land of nod.

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 07:19:11 AM by Mark Norville »
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

Computer Specs : I7 3770K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Win 10
HD Specs : 1 x 1 TB SSD + 4 x 8 TB = 33 TB (fullish)
First system : ZX81 (Yes I am an old fart)
PS Network : MarkNorvile
Xbox : Mark Norville

Mark Norville

• View Profile
Downloads, Updates, Skin Demo and Skin Bugs
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 03:40:21 AM »
Released 10th Jan 2022, download links - Two versions and you have the choice of 7zip or zip of whatever one you want to download

Current Version : Release version Alpha Build 1.0

Skin Demo Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMO-lZflxi8 (5:21)

DOWNLOADS : 1920 x 1080 Versions

Zip Version : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fVPvjYGfaGfaNQg3d8oKT0gDVXiPdCrj/view?usp=sharing
7zip Version : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zNc1zTnkoKY6CrqYw_4WwgPTMfL9yqEg/view?usp=sharing

DOWNLOADS : 3840 x 2160 Versions

Zip Version : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zOLYTeFK6guaSoJRPtOKrz_gaPWUI8z8/view?usp=sharing
7zip Version : https://drive.google.com/file/d/17YZfHp_SyHS4qzM7AV0lLQ44abkiN4fO/view?usp=sharing

Update 09th Jan 2022

FIXED - Well part of the skin has suddenly stopped working, it was fine last night doing this video and then suddenly something broke. It is now 3.20am and could not sleep, so trying to get this back up and running 100%
FIXED - I was trying to add more code for options, but I have messed it up somewhere 12:13 UK time, so having to try and check how I broke it :( I think that I have found out why, the OS (Original Skinner) has different code in each of the themes, the menu theme which I am working on, would not use local flyers, that part was broken, but the games theme uses local flyers, so I am having to change the code, the best way that I know how.

I have sorted out the above issue after many hours, it is now 17:07 my time now, and I shall not be releasing this today as planned 09th Jan 2022. The graphics have gone off a little bit on position, so I now have to fix that, and then further bug testing to ensure it is working how I would like it to, and that it works for you the end user. I have been awake since 2am this morning so I am not doing much now apart from chilling out.

Skin Bugs so far

1) The search feature does not work, it crashes AM. It also crashes AM on the original skin. However, when search function tried on Attract Pac skin, it works.
1a) This might be a software issue and not a skin issue. I have tested other themes, if they contain graphics then it will crash, if it contains a text list then it will work

« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 06:05:23 AM by Mark Norville »
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
Re: Coming Soon 2022
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 05:50:11 AM »
Wow the suspense is killing me...... ::)
help a friend....

Mark Norville

• View Profile
Re: Coming Soon 2022
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 06:11:04 AM »
It will be worth the wait ;) I hope anyway lol

I saw a theme that I liked, and thought that it could be slightly better, so I have been messing around trying to improve on it, I am a hacker/modder in that I can alter other people's code or skins but I cannot for the life of me start one from scratch lol

I should hopefully be finished by the end of today, Saturday 08th Jan 2022 or tomorrow by the latest. I don't have a full set up as I only just started using AM this week, so I have just been messing around, trying to learn how things work.

I am not sure if the original skinner is still around, but obviously I will be giving him credit, like he did the person that he ripped the code off lol

Regards

Mark

Mark Norville

• View Profile
Re: ArcadeFlix 2.0 Main Menu Theme (WIP)
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 12:14:35 PM »
Youtube video now available : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMO-lZflxi8 (05.21 minutes long) sorry lol

I still have final testing, and trying to fix bugs such as search, but I am new to this so I might need help if I cannot get it to work.

Regards

Mark

Mark Norville

• View Profile
RELEASED Download link included on this post. 1920 x 1080 Version Only
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 04:00:27 AM »
Release version Alpha Build 1.0

Please note that I am not a skinner or a coder. I can hack and modify code and this is my first release. I have only been using AM for a week now, and I managed to get this working within a couple of days, so there might be bugs, features not working and it might be a total pile of rubbish for some people.

Instructions :  Download, Unzip, Install the fonts in the font directory, copy into your layouts folder, look for ArcadeFlix 2.0 Main Menu as a display. This should only be used really for main menu, I will edit the games theme very soon. I have made it as idiot proof as possible, I tested it out on myself first :)

In the display layout for this skin you have the following options

Systems & Collection Wheel : This is wheel only so system/collections logo's. The reason behind this, is because snaps would slow down my PC, other artwork just looks a mess. I might change this in the future.

Set Background Art : You have snap/flyer/fadeart. Included in the zip file is a folder called 02 - Optional Extras\Free Artwork. These are backgrounds that the original skinner included.

Wheel over fanart : Is disabled by default as you are using wheels in the first place, I left the option there, just in case I do add more views at a later date.

ArcadeFlix Logo : 01 = Turned off, you then have six extra logos included or you can add your own. You have the option of adding up to 50 logos.

System Selection : 01 = Turned off, you then have four selectors or you can add your own (100 x 100). You have the option of adding up to 50.

Avatar : 01 = Turned off, you then have twenty other avatars, thanks to the original creator. You have the option of adding up to 50.

Search Icon : 01 = Turned off, you only have one icon as that is all that you need, but you can add up to 50 if you so wish.

Middle Selection : 01 - Turned off, you then have four that you can choose from. You can add up to 50.

You have the choice of 7zip or Zip

Download links : Zip file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fVPvjYGfaGfaNQg3d8oKT0gDVXiPdCrj/view?usp=sharing 60.7 mb
                         7Zip file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zNc1zTnkoKY6CrqYw_4WwgPTMfL9yqEg/view?usp=sharing 58 mb

Hopefully someone finds this to their liking. If you have any comments, feedback, suggestions, good or bad, please let me know and I can try to help as much as I can.

Oh and P.S this is for 1920 x 1080 only at the moment, I will release another version for 4K in an hour or so. I just need to alter the layout due to the screen size.

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 04:14:28 AM by Mark Norville »

Mark Norville

• View Profile
Re: RELEASED - ArcadeFlix 2.0 Main Menu Theme (3840 x 2160 4K)
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2022, 05:49:29 AM »
Ok, here are the downloads for the 4K version

It is not true 4K but the layouts had to be altered as my monitor is my 43 inch 4K TV, and when I went down to 1920 x 1080 the layout was all over the shop.

The file sizes are the same and once again you have two options. I also had to call the files 4K so I did not confuse myself, which does not take a lot.

Zip Version : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zOLYTeFK6guaSoJRPtOKrz_gaPWUI8z8/view?usp=sharing

7zip Version : https://drive.google.com/file/d/17YZfHp_SyHS4qzM7AV0lLQ44abkiN4fO/view?usp=sharing

I will try and put all the links at the top for future reference, but I tried earlier and it would not let me do it for some reason.

Regards

Mark

vindaless

• View Profile
Re: RELEASED - ArcadeFlix 2.0 Main Menu Theme (1920 x 1080 Or Up works 4K)
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2022, 05:06:50 AM »
Hi! Thank you for your job! I want ask you if it is possible to have a 4x3 version, and the possibility to not have the logo and it's animation. I mean that one to the top left. I just wish to have a clean horizontal main menu theme.. thank you if you can help me!!

Mark Norville

• View Profile
Re: RELEASED - ArcadeFlix 2.0 Main Menu Theme (1920 x 1080 Or Up works 4K)
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2022, 06:39:09 AM »
Hi Vindass,

To answer your questions in full

1) 4 x 3 version - I don't really do a lot on emulation at the moment, I have been having a lot of time off after I moved homes, and I have been enjoying the Summer rather than living life on a computer all the time. I think that I have a 4:3 monitor but it would be easy enough to resize it.

You just need to find the nut file, resize it to what you wish, I cannot remember what 4:3 is maybe 800 x 600 ?? You can turn the logo and everything else off as it is all controlled in the settings.

If I ever turn on my arcade PC I will have a look but I cannot promise anything. So treat it as a no at the moment, as I don't want to say I will do something and twelve months later I have not done it.

Regards

Mark