Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 548233 times)

tvsht

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 5.9 [Release] Updated 5 November 2019
« Reply #660 on: November 21, 2019, 09:39:53 AM »
A quick update on the vector brands progress. Attached you can see the result of using the new vector logos (left) versus the old PNG 1Bit logos (right). There's a great improvement in clarity and anti-aliasing. AS far as file size is concerned, I've now converted around 500 logos and the resulting font is 600 KB. Compare this with the old manufacturer images, they were around 900 with a file size of 2.95 MB. If all goes well I should be able to convert all the logos in a font that's less than 1 MB.
I'm now fixing the update routines and shadow filters, after that I'll release AF6.0 with the reduced set of images

Looking great!

I can't figure how to setup this theme though, is it for MAMe or works with other consoles i.e. SNES, SEGAS? I'm using AM 2.6 theme version 5.9. And when changing to this layout nothing happens, just default AM look.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #661 on: November 21, 2019, 10:17:07 AM »
I can't figure how to setup this theme though, is it for MAMe or works with other consoles i.e. SNES, SEGAS? I'm using AM 2.6 theme version 5.9. And when changing to this layout nothing happens, just default AM look.

Arcadeflow works with mame, console games and home computer games. Can you run attract-console.exe and provide the output log with the error messages? I'll see what's wrong and try to fix it

tvsht

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 21, 2019, 10:27:15 AM »

Arcadeflow works with mame, console games and home computer games. Can you run attract-console.exe and provide the output log with the error messages? I'll see what's wrong and try to fix it

I was too fast... Just debugged it, and the bug was on my side, missing module.
It's amazing theme, I'm going through it for the first time
Thank you

I'm working with graphics, especially vector ones, so If I can be of any use feel free to ping me
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 10:29:04 AM by tvsht »

tvsht

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 21, 2019, 10:57:35 AM »

Video previews aren't activating for some reason, I have them scrapped and they're visible in different theme. Made sure that everything is enabled in layout options too.  Nothing in debug log

tvsht

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 21, 2019, 01:42:25 PM »
Could someone with working videos, zip their config folder for me?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 02:28:34 AM by tvsht »

Aaron32

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 22, 2019, 01:56:06 AM »
Could someone with working videos zip their config folder for me?

I can't watch the videos of the games? There is an option called "Thumbs videos" which must be "yes" to be played. There is also a waiting time with a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 5. You will find all this in the layout options.

tvsht

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 22, 2019, 02:26:34 AM »
Could someone with working videos zip their config folder for me?

I can't watch the videos of the games? There is an option called "Thumbs videos" which must be "yes" to be played. There is also a waiting time with a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 5. You will find all this in the layout options.

Thank you but I know that :) I checked everything multiple times, even started toying with layout.nut per other posts suggestions.
The thing is, it works in two other themes I've used.

AF 5.9 AM 2.6

Guess I'll check older versions now to narrow it.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #667 on: November 22, 2019, 02:30:42 AM »
Video previews aren't activating for some reason, I have them scrapped and they're visible in different theme. Made sure that everything is enabled in layout options too.  Nothing in debug log

For Arcadeflow to work properly you should have videos and snapshots under the same artwork category, which is "snap". Either you copy your videos in the same folder as snapshots, or you set in your emulator the snap artwork with both folders:

artwork    snap            x:\mame\snaps;x:\mame\videos

tvsht

• View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 22, 2019, 02:45:19 AM »

For Arcadeflow to work properly you should have videos and snapshots under the same artwork category, which is "snap". Either you copy your videos in the same folder as snapshots, or you set in your emulator the snap artwork with both folders:

artwork    snap            x:\mame\snaps;x:\mame\videos

Ohh, thank you. I was suspecting something along these lines but couldn't figure it out.
It works!
Is it standard, or was it noted somewhere and I've missed it?

tvsht

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 22, 2019, 04:20:39 AM »
Small issue, when animated bg is enabled it plays immediately, which causes slowdon when scrolling and the reason why thumbs have delay I presume? Also it's a bit weird when thumb is out of sync with bg while they both play.
Video fade-out on scroll seems too slow also causing slowdowns.
Allow disabling of letters popup overlay when scrolling?

A request/proposal. Would you consider moving game info/title into the bottom of the thumb-frame? [ and elide long titles ], maybe as an option? It's quite busy now especially when the title is long. Similar to how it's done here:
 \

Sidenote: I'm totally in love with your theme
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 06:37:49 AM by tvsht »

Aaron32

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 22, 2019, 05:37:29 AM »
Small issue, when animated bg is enabled it plays immediately, which causes slowdon when scrolling and the reason why thumbs have delay I presume? Also it's a bit weird when thumb is out of sync with bg while they both play.
Video fade-out on scroll seems to slow also causing slowdowns.

That image is from a layout that Oomek is developing. Apparently, he plans to continue with the project, which is excellent news.

PD: I leave you an image of a layout (Nevato) that I have been putting together for some time.

https://ibb.co/5MxTYn2

tvsht

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 22, 2019, 06:32:08 AM »
Video fade-out on scroll seems to slow also causing slowdowns.

That image is from a layout that Oomek is developing. Apparently, he plans to continue with the project, which is excellent news.

PD: I leave you an image of a layout (Nevato) that I have been putting together for some time.

https://ibb.co/5MxTYn2

It is, that said, info under thumbnail is quite common [ usually partially covering it ] I'm using Zephyr 2 theme in Kodi which has similarities to both Arcadeflow and Ambience that's why I've asked and that's why I'm interested in these themes.
I'm following Magnus theme development too.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #672 on: November 22, 2019, 11:15:50 AM »
Small issue, when animated bg is enabled it plays immediately, which causes slowdon when scrolling and the reason why thumbs have delay I presume?

I'll check into it, of course video playback on the background is a bit heavy on the system. I'll check if something changed in the latest revisions...

Video fade-out on scroll seems too slow also causing slowdowns.

Video fade out doesn't slow down my system, but I'll do more checks. Of course there might be cases where multiple videos are loaded and keep playing slowing the system down.

A request/proposal. Would you consider moving game info/title into the bottom of the thumb-frame? [ and elide long titles ], maybe as an option? It's quite busy now especially when the title is long. Similar to how it's done here:
 \

Sidenote: I'm totally in love with your theme

Well I know this is Oomek theme, I still remember when I first saw it, I was developing my own and changed some bits of that to avoid being too similar to the one Oomek was doing. I don't think I'll put titles in the tiles as in Ambiance theme, the clean snapshots and data in the header is a characteristic of Arcadeflow, changing that will make it acompletely different theme.

Thank you for the good comments, I'll check the performance issues related to videos as soon as possible :)

tvsht

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 22, 2019, 11:45:31 AM »
Small issue, when animated bg is enabled it plays immediately, which causes slowdon when scrolling and the reason why thumbs have delay I presume?

I'll check into it, of course video playback on the background is a bit heavy on the system. I'll check if something changed in the latest revisions...

Playback itself isn't heavy, I'm using vaapi, fps is constant, cpu usage low, it's the switching, and I'm assuming loading, especially without any delay as it tries to load it each time you're passing through the thumbs

Well I know this is Oomek theme, I still remember when I first saw it, I was developing my own and changed some bits of that to avoid being too similar to the one Oomek was doing. I don't think I'll put titles in the tiles as in Ambiance theme, the clean snapshots and data in the header is a characteristic of Arcadeflow, changing that will make it acompletely different theme.

As I've mentioned, it's a common thing to do and I gave examples of other themes. I'm not asking you to do it exactly the same, just something alternate to reduce heaviness of the top.  I understand your arguments of course.
I'll try to augment it myself as I'd like it to fit with the rest of my stuff.

The theme seems to source wheels from the config folder, instead of the set path, Which is an issue for me since I'm using external scrapper. Is it intended?

Thank you for your work and the response.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 11:56:52 AM by tvsht »

tvsht

• View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 24, 2019, 12:46:26 AM »
Guys, how does one enable such Displays List? I've been going through the topic and seen the option in code, yet can't figure it out