Author Topic: Display IP Address (Solved)  (Read 4211 times)

DaOld Man

• Currently running Attract Mode on RPi2 and RPi3
    • View Profile
Display IP Address (Solved)
« on: February 06, 2017, 12:22:06 PM »
Hello, first post!
I like Attract Mode very much.
But I would like to have the option to display the ip address from the attract mode menu screen.
Emulation station can do it, but I dont see any way in attract mode.
This would be handy for setting up SSH or WinSCP to maintain the RPi from my networked PC.
I searched for a topic on this and couldnt find one, so Im sorry if it has already been discussed, and a link to the discussion would be appreciated.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 06:15:56 AM by DaOld Man »

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
Re: Display IP Address
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 12:29:09 PM »
Not answering your question directly - but you can set your router to ALWAYS assign a specific IP addres to your RPi even via DHCP. You just have to know RPi's ethernet or wifi MAC addres.

If your address pool starts from 192.168.1.1 - RPi can be set far from that - like 192.168.1.100 so there is no chance that any other DHCP assigned address will reach that IP - and you'll have just one IP address to remember. Always the same.

qqplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 12:50:35 PM »
Hello, first post!
I like Attract Mode very much.
But I would like to have the option to display the ip address from the attract mode menu screen.
Emulation station can do it, but I dont see any way in attract mode.
This would be handy for setting up SSH or WinSCP to maintain the RPi from my networked PC.
I searched for a topic on this and couldnt find one, so Im sorry if it has already been discussed, and a link to the discussion would be appreciated.
Thanks!

I think is posible ,just copy the command from the emulationstation setup and then create an "sh"  emulator called apps or wathever you whant to launch this command.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 03:41:27 PM »

DaOld Man

• Currently running Attract Mode on RPi2 and RPi3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 05:43:49 AM »
Thanks to everyone for the replies.
Thanks progets for the link, that does what i want.
I had to delete a few of the menu items cause I didnt really want those on this setup, but there are a few I decided to keep, such as audio settings.
I added the path /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/setup to the attract mode setup emulator so now they are all in one screen. (Had to add the path to the snaps too).
Still tweaking around with it, but Im sure it will be great.

Again thanks, and I can see where this forum will be a great resource.