Author Topic: DynamicArcade layout beta-v9 released 26 Jan 2021  (Read 23107 times)

mahuti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Github Repositories
Re: DynamicArcade layout beta-v6 released 11 Jan 2021
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2021, 08:23:38 AM »
 Looks good.

jclampy69

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2021, 03:16:00 PM »
its, just modified, carrier, module

I think the purpose of Conveyor or Carrier modules are for displaying multiple assets at the same time. Just using it for one asset is overkill. This could be done just using the built-in Animate module. I'll consider setting this up in animation after I finish beta-v7 which I'm currently busy with at moment.

Damon-HP

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2021, 10:51:49 AM »
its, just modified, carrier, module

if you cant figure out after messing around with it, ill pass this off to you..bro

just figuring a bit more out with it...

its getting their though..latest   https://youtu.be/aYmtoANEHXk

just trying to add the shader to the carrier..

Very nice

jclampy69

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2021, 03:08:32 PM »
This is not using Carrier or Conveyor.. I really think this is better left for AttractMode+ or if Oomek releases his 'inertia' module.

jclampy69

• View Profile
Re: DynamicArcade layout beta-v7 released 18 Jan 2021
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2021, 06:39:24 PM »
Beta-v7 released.
- the 'previous cabinet leaving' animation is removed due to my creation of a better suited multi-cabinet layout instead.
- completed modulation of the layout components.
- Damonxxx request: fade out animation on game title screens.
- more tweaks to shader usage.
- minor code tweaks throughout.

Link in first post.

Please pay attention to the recent **Artwork Naming Convention** used in your cfg file in the (AttractMode)\emulators\ folder.
glogos = game logos (preferably of resolution smaller than 1000 width / 400 height so not to overload AttractModes image cache).
cabinets = game cabinets (this layout uses cabinet images of resolution 1300x1080).
marquees = game marquees (preferably of resolution smaller than 1500 width / 400 height so not to overload AttractModes image cache).
gvideos = game videos (preferably 640x480 or 320x240 for correct 4:3 aspect ratio for shader effect settings. included cabinet graphic screens are also 4:3).
tscreens = game title screens (preferably 640x480 or 320x240 for correct 4:3 aspect ratio for shader effect settings. included cabinet graphic screens are also 4:3).

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2021, 04:04:22 AM »
the multi cab vs looks promising...cant wait to see..good work..
help a friend....

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2021, 04:06:10 AM »
here is the vs ..from before,  up and running..

mabey you would want as an option,  down the road..

Demo = https://youtu.be/2gZ-Cfk2ZSE
help a friend....

jclampy69

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2021, 01:28:52 PM »
A long time ago, but I used a modified Carrier to create this back in early December last year.
So, I know what I'm doing thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6ok2KSEAzg
Thank you for your interest.

jclampy69

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2021, 01:39:58 AM »
Please ignore my recommendation to use dxva2.. I have done some testing and I've found it causing a massive performance loss and have contacted an Attractmode developer about it. You will get a 2-3 times performance increase in Attractmode if you do not use dxva2.

Also, make sure you are using the latest daily build of Attractmode. It is so much faster than the year old 2.6.1 standard release version.

tsaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2021, 12:13:55 AM »
Nice work, thanks for this!

One question, in case you have any guesses what is wrong: For some reason my game videos don't show. I can hear the audio, so it must be finding the files. And videos work for me in other layouts. I'm running 1600x1200 resolution, in case that is relevant. I've got "gvideos" pointing to my snap directory which contains both .png and .mp4 files.

tsaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2021, 03:24:23 PM »
I've poked around in the code a bit, regarding my issue of video not appearing, and I learned that it has something to do with the CrtLottes shader (named as shaderLOTTES2). If I disable that bit of code the video will show. Any idea what the issue could be with that shader?

jclampy69

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2021, 03:51:26 PM »
I've poked around in the code a bit, regarding my issue of video not appearing, and I learned that it has something to do with the CrtLottes shader (named as shaderLOTTES2). If I disable that bit of code the video will show. Any idea what the issue could be with that shader?
Hi, sorry I've been away from here a few days as I'm feeling under the weather.
Another user has had similar issues recently. At the moment we have tracked it down to 'not using' Nvidia graphics card. Specifically using video hardware that does not have glsl shader v1.2 support. Could this be the same as your case?

Can you do the following for me please:
1) Download the latest 'daily build' of AttractMode from here http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=2324.0
(In the daily builds you see the four .exe files. Two are 64bit, two are 32bit.. The ones with console in name open up a second window in background called console which display info or error messages).
2) Can you supply a screenshot of the Attractmode console showing any errors that might be displayed when you are only getting the black screen?
3) What brand and model of graphics hardware are you using please?
4) Plus, maybe let me know are you on Windows or MAC or Linux, etc, 32bit or 64bit, and I'll see what I can do.

PS: The 'daily build' is so much faster than the year old standard 2.6.1 release.

Cheers.

Edit:
Also, is it all shaders that you can't visibly see functioning or just certain ones.
Here is a list of all shaders in the layout so far:
A) Title Screen CRT-Lottes shader = fishbowl effect, rounding corners, crt effects
B) Video Snap CRT-Lottes shader = fishbowl effect, rounding corners, crt effects
C) Video Snap Bloom shader = colour exciter effect
D) Marquee Bloom shader = lit up marquee effect
E) Default Marquee image Bloom shader = lit up marquee effect
F) Game Count text Bloom shader = colour exciter effect
G) All Meta Data text Bloom shader = colour exciter effect
H) Selected Game wheel logo Ripple Shader = selected logo ripple wave effect
I) Faux multi-texture/pass blur shader setup on the Arcade Background Video

So, will be interesting to know which ones are working or not working.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 04:13:58 PM by jclampy69 »

tsaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2021, 06:06:40 PM »
Thanks jclampy69, hope you feel better soon! And yes, I'm using an AMD Radeon 7850, so not Nvidia. I'm on Windows 10, 64-bit.

I'm running the daily build, but the console window seems to go away as soon as the main window appears (maybe I'm just not sure how to use that). But I can run with --loglevel debug and look at the last_run.log. Not sure if there's anything useful below.

It's not clear to me exactly which shaders are working but I assume most of them are. I can see the logo ripple, the marquee is "lit", and I think the background video is blurred. If you make those options in some future version it would be easier to check, but it seems like most shaders work fine.

Code: [Select]
Attract-Mode v2.6.1 (Windows, SFML 2.5.1 +SWF +7z +Curl)
avcodec 58.54.100 / avformat 58.29.100 / swscale 5.5.100 / avutil 56.31.100 / swresample 3.5.100

NvAPI: nvapi64.dll loaded
NvAPI: Initialize: NVAPI_NVIDIA_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND
[skipped some loading...]

Loaded layout: C:\Emulators\AttractMode\layouts/DynamicArcade/ (layout.nut)
[Transition] type=StartLayout, var=2
Caching contents of artwork path: C:\Emulators\AttractMode/menu-art/mame/marquee/ (68 entries).
Caching contents of artwork path: C:\Emulators\AttractMode/menu-art/mame/snap/ (135 entries).
FFmpeg: Reinit context to 256x224, pix_fmt: yuv444p
Caching contents of artwork path: C:\Emulators\AttractMode/menu-art/mame/cabinet/ (61 entries).
[Transition] type=ToNewList, var=0
FFmpeg: Reinit context to 1920x1088, pix_fmt: yuv420p
FFmpeg: Reinit context to 256x224, pix_fmt: yuv444p
Initializing resampler: in_sample_fmt=fltp, in_sample_rate=48000, out_sample_fmt=s16, out_sample_rate=48000
Handling command: exit
FFmpeg: Discarding ID3 tags because more suitable tags were found.
FFmpeg: parser not found for codec pcm_s16le, packets or times may be invalid.
End Video Thread - C:\Emulators\AttractMode\layouts/DynamicArcade/bkgd_anim.mp4
 - bit_rate=946449, width=1920, height=1080
 - displayed=132
 - average qscore=15
End Video Thread - C:\Emulators\AttractMode\menu-art\mame\snap\punchout.mp4
 - bit_rate=272029, width=256, height=224
 - displayed=114
 - average qscore=15
[Transition] type=EndLayout, var=2
Attract-Mode ended normally

jclampy69

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2021, 07:13:45 PM »
You should be able to [alt]+[tab] to switch between Attractmode and the Console window?

I've nearly got a couple of test files ready that I'll get you to run and see if they work. Might be an acceptable 'work around' for the CRT-Lottes shader.
See sneak preview below of image on the cabinet screen.

jclampy69

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2021, 07:45:09 PM »
...I'm using an AMD Radeon 7850, so not Nvidia. I'm on Windows 10, 64-bit.
Ok, here are two separate test patches I will get you try. This is only for the Title Screens at moment, will put it to Video Snaps if one of them works.
Do you have a Title Screen image that is of 640x480 resolution to test with? If not just make one that size, doesn't matter about quality for testing these purposes.

1) backup your DynamicArcade folder.. (make it easier to get back to where you are now)
2) extract test1.zip into DynamicArcade folder (overwriting files)
3) run Attractmode and take a screenshot of what the Title Screen looks like on the cabinet. I need to see what it looks like so upload or link the image here.

4) exit Attractmode if you still have it running.
5) extract test2.zip into DynamicArcade folder (overwriting files)
6) run Attractmode and take a screenshot of what the Title Screen looks like on the cabinet. I need to see what it looks like so upload or link the image here.

Hopefully one or both of these tests works.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JMbuMzyrwGNUawWW34Z4jexJhq4Gn7a6/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OfMced0qo50hqo9d9gC-bK51H4gxpaG3/view?usp=sharing

Because I'm in process of working on beta-v8 you also need to change the naming conventions in your Attractmode/emulators/ folder mame.cfg file:
artwork    wheel
artwork    cabinets
artwork    marquee 
artwork    tscreens
artwork    snap

wheel is the game logos
snap is the game videosnaps
marquee has no s on end now

What I'm primarily looking for is the rounding of the corners.. So you will need to test with a Title Screen that has a background colour as I did in my example in the above post.
The scanlines I will modify the look of (not so dark) if we decide to move forward with it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 08:15:49 PM by jclampy69 »