Author Topic: Theme Idea  (Read 3809 times)

Gamedude

• View Profile
Theme Idea
« on: December 28, 2021, 12:39:51 PM »
So i am new to attract mode and i want to make a theme. The problem is i don't the language used to make themes i was wondering if someone could help? I just want a simple theme to use on my arcade cabinet running on a raspberry pi 3. I am attaching a image of what I want. I want the wheel images to scroll with the game selection showing in the middle.

alucard

• View Profile
Re: Theme Idea
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 10:52:51 AM »
Hi,
check this out: https://github.com/keilmillerjr/mvscomplete-layout
from @keilmillerjr

In general I recommend you to visit the theme gallery to find themes that are close to your needs and study their code.

Gamedude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 11:31:44 AM »
That looks good but I'm looking for of a horizontal wheel across the bottom.

Gamedude

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 12:58:09 PM »
Hi,
check this out: https://github.com/keilmillerjr/mvscomplete-layout
from @keilmillerjr

In general I recommend you to visit the theme gallery to find themes that are close to your needs and study their code.
So I tried that theme and I can't get it to work. I think clockman is having the same issue, what am I doing wrong?

tsaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 09:13:49 PM »
When a layout looks like this, it normally means a script error occurred. You can probably check the "last_run.log" file for better details.

Gamedude

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2021, 10:13:32 PM »
When a layout looks like this, it normally means a script error occurred. You can probably check the "last_run.log" file for better details.
How do I check the run log?

Gamedude

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2021, 08:26:18 AM »
Here is the log file i think!

tsaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2021, 10:18:24 AM »
Yep that's the log file. I can see there that it is missing the "per" functionality. Checking the requirements for that layout from it's github documentation, I see that it requires two modules (Helpers and Shuffle) which need to be installed in the "modules" directory. There are also some optional modules mentioned. I'd say the current error is due to the missing "Helpers" module.

Gamedude

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2021, 01:17:12 PM »
Thanks what about this theme it says nothing about a helper module? MVS-InsertCoin https://github.com/zombiesbyte/mvs-insertcoin
Here is the log file

tsaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2021, 09:10:15 PM »
Looking at the line of the layout where that error occurs, I can see it is trying to create a resource file of some sort under the "layouts/mvs-insertcoin" directory. My guess would be that your directory naming "mvs-insertcoin-master" is causing an issue and it needs to be just "mvs-insertcoin". I'm not sure why it is named with "-master", but I know that some layouts use that naming convention for an upper-layer directory which includes some other supporting files that are outside of the normal layouts directory (so, just a part of the install packaging but not the final location name).

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2022, 09:56:11 AM »
I honestly would not expect anyone to theme this for you, it is far too basic, and from what I have seen it is far too complex for people to do skins.

I will give you my thoughts on what I have seen so far, and I have only just tried AM for the past week so 2022

1) The last update to AM was 2020, so over a year late on any updates
2) The forum is hardly used (always a bad sign)
3) You are using out dated technology, save up and upgrade Pi 4 now.
4) If you are using this in an arcade cabinet, upgrade I would not use a Pi 3 in an arcade cabinet.
5) Look for cheap PC parts or cheap computers, far better than any Pi's.

These are my honest point of view, but you don't have a theme idea, you have a theme wish. No one will theme this for you.

Regards

Mark
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

Computer Specs : I7 3770K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Win 10
HD Specs : 1 x 1 TB SSD + 4 x 8 TB = 33 TB (fullish)
First system : ZX81 (Yes I am an old fart)
PS Network : MarkNorvile
Xbox : Mark Norville

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2022, 12:14:35 AM »
I just had a look at Orbit theme and it is basically what you wanted.

Switch your theme to that and you are good to go.
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

Computer Specs : I7 3770K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Win 10
HD Specs : 1 x 1 TB SSD + 4 x 8 TB = 33 TB (fullish)
First system : ZX81 (Yes I am an old fart)
PS Network : MarkNorvile
Xbox : Mark Norville