Author Topic: Multi Disk Batch/Bulk  (Read 1534 times)

SmokeyCC

• View Profile
Multi Disk Batch/Bulk
« on: June 09, 2022, 01:56:56 AM »
Hi I have in my Amiga and many other emulators a structure like this

Amiga\
  1497 - Five Years After.adf
  1869 (AGA) (Disk 1).adf
  1869 (AGA) (Disk 2).adf
  1869 (AGA) (Disk 3).adf
  1869 (AGA) (Disk 4).adf
  1943 - The Battle of Midway.adf

I can see from other attract mode posts that the solution is to to create M3Us.
I've also watched videos how retroarch supports the disk switching.
I also have the same issue in other computers and consoles with the exact same file structure.

My question is how the heck do I do this on batch/bulk?  I haven't found a BAT file which helps me on windows and not smart enough to code one. 
Pretty sure I can't be the first to have wanted this with attract mode, so has anyone got some good methods, BAT code or use any software?

Thanks Chris

SmokeyCC

• View Profile
Re: Multi Disk Batch/Bulk
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 02:58:01 AM »
May have achieved what I wanted another way using the config files, may help someone else:

display   Amiga
   layout               robospin_v4
   romlist              Amiga
   in_cycle             yes
   in_menu            yes
   filter               All
      rule                 Title not_contains Disk 2|Disk 3|Disk 4|Disk 5|Disk 6|Disk 7|Disk 8|Disk 9|Disk 10|Disk 11|Disk 12|Disk 13|Disk 14|Disk 15|Disk 16
   filter               Favourites
      rule                 Favourite equals 1

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 11:44:45 PM »
If you create M3Us for all of your games you won't need a rule for all the disks, just change the file extension to .m3u in your emulator.cfg.

This thread shows some scripts and might be helpful. The scripts aren't for m3u but the same concepts apply. I also think you can learn a lot there if you read the whole thread. http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=2290.msg15484#msg15484

This thread might also interest you if you want to use MAME for Software Lists (non arcade systems). http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=2307.msg15606#msg15606

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2022, 03:14:32 AM »
I made an excel file that processed the games list and produced a shell script to build the m3u, I’ll check if I can find it somewhere….

On the other hand for Amiga I find whdl files much more practical than multi disk images

SmokeyCC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2022, 04:35:59 AM »
Both sound really handy, that ROMlister looks really good for MAME making lists.  And a list without the disks could then be imported so there be no need for filtering.

I guess I am still learning all the basic's, at the moment I am using Retroarch to load my non-arcade roms like NES, Master System etc
For the non standard retroarch cores; I use retroarch with a MAME core like the Emerson Arcadia and bat files to a 2nd retroarch directory because I couldn't get HASH xml files to work for me.

At the moment I haven't found to much of an issue with the DISK rule in my ALL filter but if I do - I will use the xls or ROMlister approach or even see if i can work our the batch command from that other post.  I havent yet worked out how to use filters inside retroarch or the search function ha ha but I do perceive that if I don't have my rule in other filters say 'racing' or 'childhood-classics' these would display the other disks.  So maybe I need to move it to a global rule if it has one unless All is the global rule for that emulator.

I'm still all a bit perplexed with MAME at the moment.
In 244 - there are 39,007 machines and 73 bios.
Available to me is 39,004.
Working is 14,312.
I use merged roms and merged chds
In attract mode - there are 12,978 machines

My understanding is I now need to create split sets using clmamepro, then refresh attract mode and fingers crossed; I should see 39,007.
Then I can start filtering.

Does this 39,007 include stuff like the snes and sega master system?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 04:42:10 AM by SmokeyCC »

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2022, 04:54:17 PM »
Does this 39,007 include stuff like the snes and sega master system?

No, that number is just arcade games. To get all the other systems you need to download MAME Software Lists (also know as MESS in the past). If you read the two threads I linked above you will see how doing almost everything in MAME is how I would approach things today if I was starting out fresh/new.