Author Topic: Gamesdb.net and ROM lists  (Read 813 times)

allactiondan1

• View Profile
Gamesdb.net and ROM lists
« on: January 16, 2023, 04:37:21 PM »
I have been using attract mode for about five years now and I haven't needed to generate a ROM list for almost as log.  Im getting back into the scene and redoing/updating my setup.  It seems that thegamesbd. net  doesn't seem to work with attract mode for windows anymore. When I generate a list i get the windows blue ring of death and then it crashes. If i turn off info source/scraper it runs normally. My issue is that I like to have all the other info about the games that gamesdb would gather. (how many players, genres, ect..) I have tried on different days thinking that the server is down, but after some googling I found that the legacy server is off line. What are you guys using to build your ROM lists?

Thanks for any help.

Dan
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 08:56:03 PM by allactiondan1 »

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Gamesdb.net and ROM lists
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 11:39:19 PM »
A current version of AM. AM has been updated to work with thegamedb.net changes.

allactiondan1

• View Profile
Re: Gamesdb.net and ROM lists [SOLVED!]
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 03:33:18 PM »
A current version of AM. AM has been updated to work with thegamedb.net changes.

I am running the newest version  v2.6.2.  I tried v2.6.1, and attractmode plus also.  After reading your post, I thought my system might be somehow causing an issue so I downloaded a fresh version of AM from this site and I get the same result.  Crashes every time I try to generate a list with thegamesdb.  If generate a list without gamesdb it makes the list without issues.

SOLVED!

After a week of trying everything I can think of it just started working today.
  I guess the gamesdb API server was down.    >:(
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 05:59:17 PM by allactiondan1 »