Author Topic: Question on Themes  (Read 2006 times)

Draugr

• View Profile
Question on Themes
« on: July 06, 2020, 11:34:43 PM »
Hi Everyone.

I just discovered Attract Mode while researching info for setting up a Windows PC type system similar to the Retro Pie setups for the Raspberry Pi.

I do have a newbie question and hope someone here might be able to answer it or give me some advice.

The question: Is there a program or method to convert a EmulationStation theme to an Attract Mode theme?

I found the following ES theme that was based on the Pandora Box 6 which I have in one of my older bartop arcade cabinets.

https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/20380/pandora-theme/2

I have used this theme in ES on my Pi and would love to see it in Attract Mode on my Windows PC build.

If anyone has any info on whether there is an automated process for converting themes from ES to AM or if there is a set of instructions on how to manually convert a theme, please let me know.

Thanks,
John

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Question on Themes
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 04:52:06 AM »
There is no program to convert themes. Perhaps I try creating a similar layout for my next project. It would be nice to have a theme like this fluid and not at a fixed res. The layout you posted has a strict license, including no porting, so I make something different. Will take time.

Draugr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 11:50:25 AM »
keilmillerjr,

I look forward to what you can come up with. I really liked that Pandora layout on my old arcade system. Having a similar design for Attract Mode will be great.

John

PS: Did you email the author of the ES theme about being able to port it to Attract Mode?

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 07:16:37 PM »
I joined the forum, but could not figure out how to send a pm. I am on vacation in a remote area with no cellular reception most of the time.