Author Topic: Error emulator AM 2.4  (Read 2657 times)

rexxar

• View Profile
Error emulator AM 2.4
« on: September 09, 2018, 05:22:25 AM »
Hi guys, I have the frontend on a PC with Windows 7 and I was almost finishing and placing the emulators that I want in the interface and I only had Nintendo Nes (nestopía use). Now all ready with your snaps, flyers and others when I give to try any rom of NES and I get this:

:o I do not know why that error jumps when I have all the drivers, directx, and others updated. I thought it would be some adjustment of the emulator itself, but for more options that I remove or I put the same. I have tried with another emulator (the Jnes) but it jumps the same error when starting any rom. The problem is not the emulator itself, since when starting without the frontend does not jump that error, start the rom without problems, both nestopia and Jnes. The problem is frontend but I do not know if there will be any plugin to install or disable something I do not know. I tested it with the AM 2.3 and surprise does not jump that error so it has to be the new 2.4. I have also tried it in windows 10 and it jumps the same error as in windows 7. I put it in compatibility mode in case it was that to try it with different options but the error keeps coming out. I have also looked at the option of the video decoder frontend to discard something else, I put it in software and dxva2 but nothing keeps getting the error. It is the only system with which I miss that error because neither the Fusion, zsnes, atari, etc. in any of them I get that only with the NES. To see if any you give with the solution because I do not know why that error jumps :-\. a greeting

toothlessgrinn

• View Profile
Re: Error emulator AM 2.4
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 03:16:58 PM »
what grafix card r you using or is it integrated ? sounds like a hardware problem to me. i know mame will let you choose d3d opengl and a few others. maybe turn d3d off in nestopia. or try attract 32bit . 32 bit attract works WAY better for me anyways....
we came , we saw , we lost LOTS of quarters...

Win 7
Asus mobo amd 64bit 3core
12g ram
4 player. Custom built woody cab
46" plasma screen with 22" marquee

rexxar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 02:59:20 AM »
In one I have windows 7 and a geforce 9600 gt 1gb graphics card and in another I have windows 10 and a gtx 1080 and in both PCs I get that error. Where is the option to disable the d3d in nestopia?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 03:24:22 AM by rexxar »

toothlessgrinn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 05:31:41 AM »
my bad. you can change that in mame. guess i assumed you could in nes too. i guessed wrong... im sorry for that.

ok so i looked up this error and only a handfull has had this issue. and the only solution i could find is , use another nes emulator.

sorry cant be better help.
still think its a hardware issue. maybe change resolution ...
we came , we saw , we lost LOTS of quarters...

Win 7
Asus mobo amd 64bit 3core
12g ram
4 player. Custom built woody cab
46" plasma screen with 22" marquee

rexxar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 11:28:36 AM »
Well after looking at many forums and websites I have not found the solution. It has to be some compatibility problem with the new version of the frontend and the emulator. So what I have done is remove it and try other emulators to see if I found one that worked and I found in Fceux that works very well and has not given me any problems so far. :D