Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 547762 times)

Yaron2019

Re: Arcadeflow theme v 8.4 [Release] Updated 13 July 2020
« Reply #990 on: July 15, 2020, 11:51:42 AM »
Arcadeflow 8.4 is out!

Bug fixes, some tweaks to the tiles appearance, and new option to stretch backgrounds and to remove the game title over the artwork completely. Also, new options to reduce the delay before loading videos, set it to 0.25x and it's almost immediate without slowing down the scrolling.

Enjoy!

The real question my talented friend is - what next?
- Quantum shaders?
- Neural network based real time sorting?
- COVID-19 Vaccine!  :o

Laughs aside - what do you think is the next step for AF?

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 15, 2020, 06:44:30 PM »
Arcadeflow 8.4 is out!

Bug fixes, some tweaks to the tiles appearance, and new option to stretch backgrounds and to remove the game title over the artwork completely. Also, new options to reduce the delay before loading videos, set it to 0.25x and it's almost immediate without slowing down the scrolling.

Enjoy!

Many thanks again for your work! New version seems to be working smooth over here. :)

A small request for a few more extra system logos if possible, in this case 3 arcade systems: Sammy Atomiswave, Sega Model 2 and Sega Model 3.

Cheers!

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #992 on: July 16, 2020, 12:38:06 AM »
Laughs aside - what do you think is the next step for AF?

You know, this is a really good question and something I've been thinking a lot lately... well one easy answer would be: a complete rewrite of the layout, with completely "free" aspect ratio for videos and especially box art (which is forced to 4:3, 3:4 or square right now), but there are some technical limitation that would make this extremely complex at the moment (namely, there's no way to alter the z-order of elements inside a surface, so it would be difficult to do the zooming with proper drop shadows).

More realistically there are some things I still want to add or fix:

- Add an option to save a "preference set" so you can load them quickly and change all customizable aspects all at once
- Fix the "black box of death" that sometimes happens when starting AF, I put together a brand new rig to test this and I found the cause, so maybe It will be fixed in 8.5 :D
- Increase the number of system and brands logos to infinity and beyond
- Find some magic way to improve glsl shaders performance so it runs at 60 fps on old hardware (don't count on it :D )

These are, though, just incremental improvements... I need some time to just play games with the layout so I'll be inspired to add new features, but still the greatest source of inspiration for features is the forum so hopefuly people will keep using AF and asking for things I never thought of (like the command.dat integration!)

dark1973

• View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 16, 2020, 12:53:06 AM »
Ho provato la nuova versione ed è fenomenale.
Ho un dubbio; per aggiungere o rimuovere i preferiti nella nuova versione (io ero fermo alla 7.otto) non compare più la finestra di conferma. E' normale o è un bug?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 01:04:33 AM by dark1973 »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #994 on: July 16, 2020, 04:00:30 AM »
Ho un dubbio; per aggiungere o rimuovere i preferiti nella nuova versione (io ero fermo alla 7.otto) non compare più la finestra di conferma. E' normale o è un bug?

E' "normale" nel senso che non ho implementato più il menu di conferma. Se è un problema posso guardarci ma ho cambiato il sistema di gestione dei preferiti e l'ho dovuto eliminare :D

dark1973

• View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 16, 2020, 05:54:48 AM »
No, grazie. Volevo solo una conferma. Hai gia' inserito moltissime funzioni.

Jate

• View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 16, 2020, 10:10:11 AM »
Hi

I have seen that you have added the option to hide the game title about the snapshot, but not when you are in boxart mode

By the way, it would be nice to be able to see the title of the game about the snapshot only for a few seconds and then it disappears. So when the video starts it wouldn't bother.

Something like that (photoshop):

And another thing, does the option to update the layout from the layout itself work?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #997 on: July 17, 2020, 12:58:52 AM »
I have seen that you have added the option to hide the game title about the snapshot, but not when you are in boxart mode

Somthing's wrong here: there's an option in the "General" section: "Game panel over box art" that should be set to "No" by default, and that's the intended default behavior. Check if maybe you set it to "Yes" instead...

By the way, it would be nice to be able to see the title of the game about the snapshot only for a few seconds and then it disappears. So when the video starts it wouldn't bother.

Interesting suggestion, the title could fade out when the movie fades in... I'll see if this can be done...

And another thing, does the option to update the layout from the layout itself work?

It should :D It's a bit hard to test on my rigs because I don't have a "clean" install of Arcadeflow but a lot of work in progress versions.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #998 on: July 17, 2020, 01:01:30 AM »

Now that I look carefully... you have square thumbs _and_ box art... that should not be the case: box art should always be at the right aspect ratio even if you set your layout thumbs to "square" :O

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #999 on: July 17, 2020, 10:20:07 AM »

Something like that (photoshop):

I'm working on this as an option... what about the favourite, new game, tag and completed indicators? Should they fade out too or not? The code seems pretty easy to implement (strange :D )

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: July 17, 2020, 01:06:10 PM »
Really like that option too, of elements to fade out/disappear when video starts. I would go for all indicators to fade out when video starts unless they are small and discreet. :) Maybe only the favourite indicator is more distracting since it gets in the way of the video because it's a little bigger than the others.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 01:10:04 PM by Enkak »

tvsht

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 8.3 [Release] Updated 30 June 2020
« Reply #1001 on: July 18, 2020, 02:55:13 PM »
It's the sole bothersome thing that's left for me now.

I really really love how it's done in "Ambience HD' in that  thumbs transform into proper video ratio, wouldn't it be possible to borrow that code?

Ambiance HD turns a cropped square thumbnail in the proper aspect ratio, but this is done with snaps, not flyers. I can see how that might look good, it's a bit more difficult for me to imagine a vertical flyer or box art that transforms in a 4:3 gameplay video without looking weird.

Yeah, I meant snaps, other stuff is in it's proper ratio already, at least in the box mode which I'm using most of the time

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 8.5 [Release] Updated 20 July 2020
« Reply #1002 on: July 20, 2020, 04:06:52 AM »
Arcadeflow 8.5 is out!

This version adds some new options and fixes some bugs, plus some new system logos... I don't think there will be other frequent updates for a while since I'm going on vacation at the end of the week. Hopefully there are no huge bugs to fix or I'll have to work on the beach LOL!

Enjoy the new revision!

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 8.6 [Release] Updated 21 July 2020
« Reply #1003 on: July 21, 2020, 01:14:01 AM »
Arcadeflow 8.6 is out!

A day after 8.5? Well yes, there was a big and stupid bug in the automatic update routine, so if you download 8.6 (which is identical to 8.5 for everything else) you should be able to update with no issues when new versions come out.

Have a nice retrogaming summer!

Enkak

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 8.6 [Release] Updated 21 July 2020
« Reply #1004 on: July 21, 2020, 04:16:45 AM »
Many thanks again for the update and efforts! Enjoy your vacation :)