Author Topic: [download v1.0] FLAT BLUE theme released  (Read 180593 times)

chrisvg

• View Profile
Re: [new video] FLAT BLUE theme development is back on track!
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2016, 06:36:01 AM »
Hey guys,

Just wanted to post a progress update on this one ...

I've been working closely with Verion for the last couple of weeks to get this layout running the way he envisioned it, and I think we're pretty close to being finished.  I have rewritten it from the ground up and currently have it working with all common aspect ratios (16:9, 16:10, 5:4, 4:3) and fully supports monitor rotation (none, right, flip, left) either via the host operating system or within AM settings.  I've also added support for low video resolutions, tweaking the layout to look a bit nicer on a 31K 640x480 arcade monitor.  Right now the lowres tweaks don't look great on 15K video modes, so please let me know if there are people out there using AM with 15K monitors and I will add some extra tweaks to help with that.

I've attached a couple of sample images below that show how the layout changes with different setups.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 06:43:51 AM by chrisvg »

chrisvg

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2016, 07:10:37 AM »
Totally on board for this one, will look great on my horizontal and vertical Windy cabs.

I'm running the theme right now on my Blast City cabs (one horiz and another vert) at 640x480 and I'm quite happy with it!  Hope you like it when we get it out the door (not too much longer to wait I think!)

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2016, 07:36:10 AM »
Yes, I'm excited to see some themes for vertical!
Of course I've added fe.layout.preserve_aspect_ratio=true; to test out many of the other themes so they look good (but have black space on borders).

Enjoy your day.

xbs

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2016, 07:49:31 AM »
Nice to see 5:4 support in this amazing theme.
Thanks!

chrisvg

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2016, 07:56:21 AM »
Nice to see 5:4 support in this amazing theme.
Thanks!

Here are couple of screenshots from a previous build running in 5:4 and rotated.  Hope you like them :)

Thamiel

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2016, 04:12:38 PM »
Totally on board for this one, will look great on my horizontal and vertical Windy cabs.

I'm running the theme right now on my Blast City cabs (one horiz and another vert) at 640x480 and I'm quite happy with it!  Hope you like it when we get it out the door (not too much longer to wait I think!)

Killer, it's looking great! Any chance of getting the drop shadows around the UI elements put in? Just noticed they were missing when compared to the screenshots in the first post.

EDIT: Never mind, noticed they were present in the video on the Blast cab. All good!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 04:15:57 PM by Thamiel »

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2016, 12:15:19 AM »
We are experimenting with the amount of shadow. Check again the video - the shadows are too strong (for our taste). But there will be shadows from game list and infobar in final version - just little more subtle.

xbs

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2016, 01:03:35 AM »
Here are couple of screenshots from a previous build running in 5:4 and rotated.  Hope you like them :)

Looking real good :)

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2016, 03:53:49 AM »
I am really diggin this layout. I love the way AttractMode gives so much flexibility for layouts. looking forward to the aspect-aware to transplant to my future layouts.

ryuuji

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2016, 09:49:15 AM »
Great job  :o

yro

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2016, 03:46:45 PM »
Im really waiting for this theme to bring some joy to my new setup..

chrisvg

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2016, 04:38:44 AM »
Just a quick update..

We're nearly done working on this layout, just in the final stages of testing.  There are a ton of improvements, such as ...
  • A custom version of Timothy Lottes' CRT shader that includes full support for rotation and horizontal/vertical video snaps.
  • Added wheel logos in each layout style.
  • Preliminary support for custom menus in AM 2.0.
  • Video snaps for vector games use a bloom shader instead of the CRT shader, feels a bit more realistic (though still pretty basic - would like to improve this in the future).
  • Fully aspect and rotation aware layout based on percentages instead of fixed pixel positions - the layout will render at pretty much any native video resolution and look sharp!

Below are a few teaser pics... Not long to go now, we're on the home stretch!  :P

[attachment deleted by admin]

chrisvg

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2016, 04:39:19 AM »

bundangdon

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2016, 08:17:27 AM »
Looking great! Will it be able to work well with consoles also? :D I've noticed several (very nice) screenshots with mame and other arcade art. However, I imagined having the ability to place boxart such as those from NES, Sega Genesis, etc. on the screen, instead of game logos

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2016, 08:20:38 AM »
We both use only mame - hence only mame screenshots. But you can replace wheel graphics with any artwork you want.