Author Topic: DisplayView - A Theme for your Display Menu  (Read 4771 times)

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
DisplayView - A Theme for your Display Menu
« on: April 28, 2019, 08:22:38 AM »

DisplayView ... A theme for your display menu!  Check out how easy it is to set up a nice graphical way to switch between multiple ROMLISTS/Displays!

As with all my themes,  this was built for my low-resolution arcade cabinets.  It works fine with the PC and Pi3 ... and I imagine the Mac as well.

For more info... visit my arcade blog at the link in my signature or directly HERE.

https://youtu.be/haPvgFT08ss
Visit my arcade blog ... www.idahogaragecade.com (updated 06-27-19)

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
Re: DisplayView - A Theme for your Display Menu
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 07:34:06 AM »
well since know one else is replying ,,,  great work as always

love you website, good to see somone here so pasonate abought arcade, 

styling = good,   ohh ya opacity wide is sick to...
help a friend....

bundangdon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 01:29:38 AM »
Very simple but excellent! Great work

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 01:34:58 AM »
Very nice work! I'm developing a display menu for my theme too, but I have a question that maybe you can help me answer: I have the list of displays, which is fine, but is there a way to get more data about each display? For example the number of games that are in each display.

Scenario: I have one romlist based on Mame, and many displays used for collections (Street Fighter Saga, Pacman Saga etc) or arcade machines (CPS-1, CPS-2, NAOMI etc). Each Display is built with a global filter so that it only shows the games I want, and then I can add further filters.
Now in the normal layout I can get the number of games in the list, the number of games in the current filter etc, but I'd like to show in the Display Menu layout the number of games from the global filter of each Display (or at least for the selected display that is highlighted). Is there a way to do it?

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 06:18:40 AM »
i think this is what u want....http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=2481.msg16908#msg16908

key:  The overviews of the systems, not the games, will be placed in the folder \scraper\@\overview\SISTEMA.txt of your Attract-Mode. In my case, for Atari 2600, it would be E:\arcade\attract\scraper\@\overview\Atari 2600.txt.

looks like it was added some time ago..   

as for getting magic tokins to work,  hmm

looks like he uses this.. local tot = fe.add_text("Total Games: "+"[Control]", flx*0.75, fly*0.94, flw*0.25, flh*0.01);
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 06:53:17 AM by jedione »
help a friend....

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 07:14:55 AM »
i think this is what u want....http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=2481.msg16908#msg16908

Hmm maybe it is but from what I see it has the same issue: if you look at the screenshots, when there are only Displays listed, the only data he shows is the current display versus number of displays (like in the pinballs, 5/7).

Instead when you enter a display, for example consoles, and you are in a specific filter, then you can see how many games are in that filter (the following screenshots show this).

I'd like to be able to see the number of games in a Display general filter _before_ entering the display itself, but it seems it's not possible

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 10:25:24 AM »
Had the same question/issue with Chicuelo port where the display menu only shows the number of items in the menu itself and not the number of games or others related to the romlists. The only way to change that, following the instructions of theme author, was writing manually each value in the code. Not ideal but it was the only way until a better option comes to Attract-Mode.