Author Topic: Attract Mode lagging and struggling to load in game selector - Help  (Read 1646 times)

rat

• View Profile
Just built a emulation pc to go in my mame cabinet specs are as follows: GTX 285, I5 4690 4GB RAM. All up to date drivers and normal temps. I've just set up AM with a nevato theme was running fine with mame only have 8 games on it running fine until i booted up my PC and it auto launched skipping the startup screen was noticeably slow and when i got to game selections trying to preview games was horrendously slow and would just freeze until it could load the next game preview and if i tried to scroll through fast AM would just crash. Just as an FYI this is my first time using Attract mode but any help would be appreciated- Thanks - Edit: Running windows 10 64 Bit Edit No2: I've narrowed the problem down it seems if i remove the videos that the scraper put in from the previews it runs like it should someone let me know if they think they know why that is please.
'
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 02:09:41 AM by rat »

hermine.potter

• View Profile
Re: Attract Mode lagging and struggling to load in game selector - Help
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 07:23:42 AM »
try different things:

-run BIOS and FIRMWARE updates too

-try another layout:
start AM > press TAB key > Displays > your_Display > Layout : try_here_another_layout

-try different video decoder settings:
start AM > press TAB key > General > Video Decoder

-run attract with another user account

-try to start attract-console.exe

-right mouse button on attract.exe > properties > compatibility > check : run as administrator > OK

-resize or change video codec of one video with video-decoding software (there exists different threads with resolution, working codecs, ...)
AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM