Author Topic: CPS3 Emulator with Attract Mode config.  (Read 8762 times)

Spinelli

• View Profile
CPS3 Emulator with Attract Mode config.
« on: September 13, 2016, 08:05:11 AM »
Is there any way to configure the CPS3 emulator for, depending on the game selected by the Attract Mode, to load the chosen game and enter directly in fullscreen?

The most I got was into the emulator and the message "fail to load", since it had no game selected.

akafox

• View Profile
Re: CPS3 Emulator with Attract Mode config.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 10:45:15 AM »
May I ask why you are using this emulator? Final Burn Alpha or mame will run CPS3 just fine.. I am just asking..nothing more.

Also what operating system are you running? I am guessing Windows by the picture.

You need to make sure your path to your roms is set up correctly. The default path is:
Code: [Select]
c:\cps3\roms
so your roms go there....You can change that by editing the emulator.ini file found with emulator. This emulator uses a VERY old romset. You have to have the right set of roms for the emulator you are using!

Note: To load directly into full screen you have to change that emulators settings. Attract Mode has nothing to do with your emulators.
To get this emulator to go to full screen on launch:

1. Start the emulator.
2. Click video and then autoswitch to fullscreen to "check" it
3.Start a game.

or

1. Make sure the emulator is closed before doing this!
2. Open the emulator.ini file in a text editor (notepad). (The file is in the same directory as the CPS3 emulator.)
3. Change the setting AutoFull=0 to AutoFull=1 then save it.
4. Start the emulator.
5. Start a game it should go directly to full screen on start.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 11:48:03 AM by akafox »
People want life easy..then complain about it

Spinelli

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 02:16:00 PM »
May I ask why you are using this emulator? Final Burn Alpha or mame will run CPS3 just fine.. I am just asking..nothing more.

Also what operating system are you running? I am guessing Windows by the picture.

You need to make sure your path to your roms is set up correctly. The default path is:
Code: [Select]
c:\cps3\roms
so your roms go there....You can change that by editing the emulator.ini file found with emulator. This emulator uses a VERY old romset. You have to have the right set of roms for the emulator you are using!

Note: To load directly into full screen you have to change that emulators settings. Attract Mode has nothing to do with your emulators.
To get this emulator to go to full screen on launch:

1. Start the emulator.
2. Click video and then autoswitch to fullscreen to "check" it
3.Start a game.

or

1. Make sure the emulator is closed before doing this!
2. Open the emulator.ini file in a text editor (notepad). (The file is in the same directory as the CPS3 emulator.)
3. Change the setting AutoFull=0 to AutoFull=1 then save it.
4. Start the emulator.
5. Start a game it should go directly to full screen on start.

Thanks for replying.

I tried to run  sfiii3 with advmame and several other cps3 roms+chd files on that emulator with no sucess.
The only emulator that works for me is cps3 emulator.  :(

I will try your mini tutorial now.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 12:45:57 PM »
First you are right advmame 1.4 will not run cps3....if you want to compile the "beta" 1.5 it will run them fine. Advmame will run all CPS3 games with the next relese.

Is there a reason you are using this emulator? Final burn Alpha will run CPS3 just fine...even on a low end/old computer. If you have a newer type machine just use stock mame?

Spinelli

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 10:34:28 AM »
First you are right advmame 1.4 will not run cps3....if you want to compile the "beta" 1.5 it will run them fine. Advmame will run all CPS3 games with the next relese.

Is there a reason you are using this emulator? Final burn Alpha will run CPS3 just fine...even on a low end/old computer. If you have a newer type machine just use stock mame?

I Will try FBA!

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 10:41:51 AM »
Okay. :) It's still maintained..that is the biggest advantage. If you need help let me know. It runs well even on older machines.