Author Topic: Collection help needed please, tearing my hair out  (Read 1166 times)

Mark Norville

• View Profile
Collection help needed please, tearing my hair out
« on: January 06, 2022, 03:19:57 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for any help given. I have been testing AM for the past couple of days now, and starting to love it. I have just set up PC games and also PS3 so pretty much, the front end does everything that I want apart from the following.

Setting up a collection

1) I have gone to display and created a new display called Metal Slug Collection
2) I have generated Atomiswave & MAME together and called that All Games

My display is set up as follows

Collection/Rom List = All Games
Show in cycle/menu = yes
Global filter is empty (I have populated that before)
Filter Metal Slug = Title contains Metal Slug (I have messed around with exceptions but no joy)
Filter Demon Front = Title contains Demon Front (Same settings as above)
I have also tried with Dolphin Blue on Atomiswave but that stops Metal Slug from showing. I do not have Demon Front showing in the list

Is there anything that I am doing wrong, or is this a limitation of the front end?

The display is not creating any text file or roms list as you might expect, and I have checked the all games list and all the titles are in there.

It does show the Metal Slug games from MAME and also Atomiswave, and if I added PC games into that, I expect that it would show the PC games as well.

Any help would be much appreciated.

So what I am trying to do to to make it shorter is have a Metal Slug Collection, and then have a couple of bonus games included into that collection.

Regards

Mark

« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 04:11:25 AM by Mark Norville »
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

Computer Specs : I7 3770K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Win 10
HD Specs : 1 x 1 TB SSD + 4 x 8 TB = 33 TB (fullish)
First system : ZX81 (Yes I am an old fart)
PS Network : MarkNorvile
Xbox : Mark Norville

Mark Norville

• View Profile
Re: Collection help needed please, tearing my hair out
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2022, 06:21:19 AM »
I will reply to myself, make it easier for others to follow

I have found out how to do this now

Filter Name Global
Title Contains Metal Slug|Demon Front|Dolphin Blue

You need a pipe alt 124 on your keyboard | so hold alt and then type 124

I was trying to use a semi colon ; which did not work.

PC Games, PS3 games and now collections I am rocking it today :)

If you get any dodgy results that you did not expect, I just done Pac-Man, I had a game called Driving Force (Pacman conversion)

To remove this game, add a rule saying title does not contain (conversion)|and anything else you want to remove

If you get dodgy results that do not have what genre they are, a bit of work, just go into the XML file and then edit what you need to change, and then re generate the files, and all the information you need will now be there.

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 06:52:03 AM by Mark Norville »
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

Computer Specs : I7 3770K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Win 10
HD Specs : 1 x 1 TB SSD + 4 x 8 TB = 33 TB (fullish)
First system : ZX81 (Yes I am an old fart)
PS Network : MarkNorvile
Xbox : Mark Norville