Author Topic: Frist Time Attract Mode installer needs help!  (Read 2479 times)

Krisfallion

• View Profile
Frist Time Attract Mode installer needs help!
« on: March 06, 2018, 08:22:55 AM »
Hello, all: I am taking the plunge into Attract Mode to see what it offers.

I bought a second MicroSSD card for my Pi3 and I put a totally fresh install of the Retropie Image on it from the main site. After getting it onto the network I then went into Experimental packages and installed Attract Mode.

I dropped down to the command prompt from ES and typed attract and a very basic black and white interface came up. No video introduction, no fancy graphical menus.

Am I missing something? I see not video decoder in the general settings. Do I need to install something like mmal and if so how do I find it? Where is all the psychadelic candy colored graphics I see in the videos of Attract Mode on Youtube?

Thanks!

Krisfallion

• View Profile
Re: Frist Time Attract Mode installer needs help!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 11:59:50 AM »
Yup, I  have gotten that far at least  ;)

I also managed to get mmal loaded and recognized by AM after rebuilding it.

I still have the basic black and white menu.

Do I need to go somewhere to download and install the nice graphic themes for the menu?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 02:37:57 PM »
You need to go to the "Displays" menu and configure a new display for your emulator, so you can see a more "rich", themed interface. I must say that at first AM is a bit tough, first time I installed it I thought something was wrong :D

Krisfallion

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 06:34:24 AM »
Yeah, I am slowly getting there.  Thank goodness I have two Micro SSD cards that I can backup and restore quickly to try stuff out on.  A lot of experimentation and rollbacks but I am inching my way towards an  interface that will replace Emulation Station.