Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 547883 times)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 8.7 [Release] Updated 18 August 2020
« Reply #1035 on: August 21, 2020, 04:01:12 AM »
I have a little question : every time i start AM, Arcadeflow generate screenshots named "frostgrab1.png" in AM main folder ... So i delete the pics , but when i restart again AM the pics are generated again ...

This screenshots are generated to create the frosted glass effect behind menus. They should be deleted when you exit Attract Mode, if everything works as expected. Also at the launch of Arcadeflow spurious frostgrab files are purged. If you see them then there might be some issue with file access, do you see errors in the log when running attract-console.exe?

If you disable frosted glass effect from the options menu of Arcadeflow you won't see them anymore.

markoattract

• View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: August 21, 2020, 04:55:00 AM »
Hello paolo and thanks for the fast answer !!

Yes, on the console i can see 2 errors with the same content :

"Error opening file for reading: P:\Emulation\FRONTEND\attract mode\attract-v2.6.1-win64\layouts\Arcadeflow_87\pref_layoutoptions.txt: cannot open file"

then i have checked on the arcadeflow folder for the file but i didn't found it. but if these pictures are necessary for the layout to work correctly is good ;)

Zel

• View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: August 21, 2020, 09:22:59 AM »
Hi guys,

While I was searching for a good MAME frontend on linux, I've discovered Attract mode and immediatly loved it. Then Arcadeflow become my default theme!
So, I'm super noob about almost everything, sorry for the dumb question, I've tried to search but without results :(

Is there a way to let Arcadeflow show rom titles instead of snapshot? I've created the "titles" source on mame configuration inside AM, the source is pointing to the folder which contains the titles collection but I don't understand if it's possibile to set Arcadeflow to display titles.

I know that I can point the snap to titles directory but I would like to have both of them configured.

Am I missing something?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1038 on: August 21, 2020, 10:36:25 AM »
I know that I can point the snap to titles directory but I would like to have both of them configured.

Am I missing something?

Hi Zel, at the moment that's the only option to get titles in Arcadeflow, to map them as "snaps". If you have your videos in a different folder, then you can map both the titles and videos folder to "snaps", it will show static titles and then fade to videos.

I think it might be a good idea to add an option to use "titles" instead of snaps, so you'll see titles, and then they will fade into gameplay snaps or videos. I'll add the option to the next release ;)

Zel

• View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 22, 2020, 03:22:44 AM »
Grazie Paolo per la risposta super veloce :)

I love arcadeflow and I really appreciate your work here!

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1040 on: August 23, 2020, 01:05:23 AM »

Preview of the feature in 8.8 ;) Sorry for the bland Game Boy pocket colors, it's the only system for which I have titles artowrk :D Looks good if you remove the game logo too...

Jate

• View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: August 23, 2020, 09:21:43 AM »
Hi Paolo

Online update run?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1042 on: August 24, 2020, 01:53:31 PM »
Online update run?

? Do you mean if it works? Well it should :/ Did you have issues with the update?

Jate

• View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 25, 2020, 07:45:20 AM »
Online update run?

? Do you mean if it works? Well it should :/ Did you have issues with the update?
Yes, I do not see any message that warns that there is a new version. In the main menu it puts updates, but if I select nothing happens. I have configured "Download and install" and I have also tried "Download only"

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1044 on: August 27, 2020, 03:09:10 AM »
Yes, I do not see any message that warns that there is a new version. In the main menu it puts updates, but if I select nothing happens. I have configured "Download and install" and I have also tried "Download only"

Aw, this auto-update feature is a nightmare :( Do you have any error messages in the logs? I'll check if something wrong and fix it in the next release, you'll have to manually update in the meantime :(

Zel

• View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 27, 2020, 03:23:58 AM »

Preview of the feature in 8.8 ;)

wow, amazing :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1046 on: August 27, 2020, 03:26:27 AM »
wow, amazing :)

Thanks, the background though is still taking its artwork from the snapshot. Maybe that needs to be changed too but it's nice when the title artwork fade into the gameplay.

I'm also fixing all the "aspect ratio" engine so that every game has its own pixel AR taken into account (like Game Gear with non square pixels, or CRT consoles with strange resolutions). I'm getting obsessed with all this AR thing LOL

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1047 on: August 28, 2020, 03:27:32 AM »
Another sneak peek: titles thumbnails with matched background, vertical snaps for WonderSwan and other consoles with no "Orientation" property, and a new "HIDDEN" tag that, when set, hides your rom from the list, but you can show them in transparency :)

Jate

• View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 28, 2020, 03:28:23 AM »

Aw, this auto-update feature is a nightmare :( Do you have any error messages in the logs? I'll check if something wrong and fix it in the next release, you'll have to manually update in the meantime :(

this works?
I see the pref_update.txt file is missing

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1049 on: August 28, 2020, 03:41:36 AM »
I see the pref_update.txt file is missing

Going through the error messages in that log...

Many "Error opening file for reading" are not really errors: there are some preference files or favourite date files that are not created by default, and there's no way to catch that error because the files module catches it by itself and gives that message.

The error that counts is the "curl" related one, it seems curl can't get the "latest_version.txt" from the web, but since curl is run in "silent" mode it's difficult to debug it. If you want to help me debug it, please open layout.nut and remove the "--silent" options everywhere you find it, then try running the update again.