Author Topic: At-The-Arcade MOD CoinOPSDiamondsDynamic  (Read 34934 times)

jclampy69

• View Profile
Re: At-The-Arcade MOD CoinOPSDiamondsDynamic
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2020, 11:27:52 PM »
Thanks,

The cabinet base is just a generic design at moment. I wasn't going to make authentic bases for each machine. Looks acceptable in a quick animation though. ;)
If your cabinets were coming in from the left or below the screen then you won't need to have the bottom of the cabinet. ;)
I don't think the background video would lag under normal conditions, I just had some background processing going on, etc..
The 'enter the room animation' tie's in with overall idea of the theme (don't want to spoil that yet). Although it is not a fixed speed/time so can easily be speed up, etc.

Thanks for the logos, surprisingly you have some that I couldn't find and therefore recreated. So, kudos for finding those ones.
Would be great to peruse your marquees. ;)

If you are in need of a more simple layout without the animation I could probably whip something up for you. Will send you a PM.

Edit:
I'm also looking at setting up an image batch processor. I'll let you know if I have success.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 11:43:54 PM by jclampy69 »

damonxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2020, 01:48:23 AM »
Hi,

I would use photoshop  and record automated-batch-processes, because most other programs have failed to process the transparencies of the cabinet images correctly, I tried...
...for me the snapvideo is alway behind and keeps playing...looking strange when scrolling faster.. has to stop/fadeout before scrolling... don't know how to do it...
...wonder if you compose a new image of the complete cabinet before or on the fly...would certainly spare processing time to do it before for all cabinets and make a new folder "complete cabinets"...would be super fast...and ..then...add... a two minutes animation hahah...just kidding...hihi

Here are the marquees... have kept always the "best" quality, some HQ because I always wanted a second screen for marquee but...could be resized smaller...

Marquees (need all parts....it is 7z)
https://mega.nz/file/2RV3SCAB#9BUuXdHbGh0s-BVwQV2pEKN1KTji-vLC8tBjDmRPC8g
https://mega.nz/file/HRUzVAZC#kgtYjMexD4u-WMKQ-h0JCwZ8sYpZQ4e60NdfbkVmmWA
https://mega.nz/file/uBE1wAwa#HCXFp8ByxOfp4NOoWPhNZeYTsp6aB5MjQBLBGbsMi9w
https://mega.nz/file/jQMTSaYK#UNrlRUK7uSv2b-16DYRAE3enwjADueW5J18ZrddnzRk

Wheel/Logos
https://mega.nz/file/zYMBgCaK#5vvR9NBY8dILGZznnubCHOfrWT3PUOPOIbU0GOAoA2k

« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 01:51:27 AM by damonxxx »

jclampy69

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2020, 02:28:49 AM »
Wow, those marquees and logos are great, some I haven't even seen before.  ;)

I would use photoshop  and record automated-batch-processes, because most other programs have failed to process the transparencies of the cabinet images correctly, I tried...
I'm using Gimp. It can do it no problem, I'm just trying to make the process as simple as possible to make the batch process as fast as it can be.
Edit: Unfortunately Gimp will require a Python script for the 'batching process'. I did something with that a decade ago but can't even remember what that was for now. Anyway I created an .svg path file and hopefully Imagemagick will be able to do take care of the 'batch processing'. I'll try it tomorrow as past midnight now.
Edit2: Unfortunately Imagemagick will require a Perl script for the 'batching process'. So, unfortunately it seems a bit more is required to get your system ready for batch processing.
...for me the snapvideo is alway behind and keeps playing...looking strange when scrolling faster.. has to stop/fadeout before scrolling... don't know how to do it...
Yes, I noticed that. That is the beauty of rendering the full cab off-screen out of view and then having it appear on-screen as one. It maybe possible to get around that by drawing all the parts to a surface and then having that render as one, I'll give it a try.
...wonder if you compose a new image of the complete cabinet before or on the fly...would certainly spare processing time to do it before for all cabinets and make a new folder "complete cabinets"...would be super fast...and ..then...add... a two minutes animation hahah...just kidding...hihi
Since all cabinets could in theory be unique you can't really set a 'default' one to draw immediately, I tried that but it just looks weird.. You can create a default screen that is turned off, but then it may look like it is floating if your PC can't scroll fast enough.

Another way would be to have the cabinet render after you have finished navigation. But I don't know if that is acceptable?

Yaron's original at the arcade theme had a setting where the cabinet can slide in from the left. You can set the speed to your liking. Would that be what you are looking for?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 05:31:53 PM by jclampy69 »

jclampy69

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2020, 05:25:31 AM »
Had another look at whether it is possible to have the cabinet render on-screen while scrolling the list and it doesn't look like it can be done. Since with the dynamic cabinets you'll always end up seeing one of the components rendering before the others.

So the easiest way around that is to have it initially render off-screen.

Here is a quick edit I did of my other layout to make it slide in from the left side of the screen instead of the doorway in the background (using the same method).
https://youtu.be/SfSagOBWw5k

As you can see, it can be quite snappy. Also keep in mind it still has the bottom of the cabinet underneath off-screen and I could optimize the 'surface' dimensions.

Yaron2019

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2020, 05:30:04 AM »
I love the idea of the per-game cabinet shown in the video. Do you have those cabs and the edited layout for download?
I am interested in the wheel code especially - moving it in and out.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 05:44:38 AM by Yaron2019 »

Damon-HP

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2020, 12:30:06 PM »
Had another look at whether it is possible to have the cabinet render on-screen while scrolling the list and it doesn't look like it can be done. Since with the dynamic cabinets you'll always end up seeing one of the components rendering before the others.

So the easiest way around that is to have it initially render off-screen.

Here is a quick edit I did of my other layout to make it slide in from the left side of the screen instead of the doorway in the background (using the same method).
https://youtu.be/SfSagOBWw5k

As you can see, it can be quite snappy. Also keep in mind it still has the bottom of the cabinet underneath off-screen and I could optimize the 'surface' dimensions.

Wow, very cool effect!

jclampy69

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2020, 01:43:42 PM »
I love the idea of the per-game cabinet shown in the video. Do you have those cabs and the edited layout for download?
I am interested in the wheel code especially - moving it in and out.
Hi Yaron,
The cabinet graphics are the ones *without the wall and shadow sidekick* listed in reply #15 at the top of page 2 of this thread and the marquees and logos are the ones posted in reply #31 above.
My layout.nut is just a scratchpad of different concepts at the moment, nothing finished yet. I was in the process of adding user defined settings but haven't touched it for two weeks since I got busy elsewhere.
If damonxxx is after a simple layout I could probably put something together.

The wheel moving in and out code was based on what I saw in the ioflat theme by iOtero from here http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=2481.0
If you look in the ioflat games layout.nut file the particular code are lines 895 through to 898.
Which was a modification based on the code in the silky theme by Oomek here http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1517.0
layout.nut lines 112 through to 122.
So, it is using the property move function of the animate module.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 02:22:02 PM by jclampy69 »

damonxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2020, 03:43:43 PM »
hello jclampy69,
would be nice if you could post a layouttheme like one from the last video, with the cabinet appearing from the side...it is GREAT...no hurry have a lot going on myself ;(
could you also share the background video, mine is a little bit different with a LibretoSign, the Neon one looks cool, please...
I am on Windows 1920x1080 resolution, vertical logos look good+clear background would be nice...
(Oh...and someone asked why the background was beginning missing in the begining, I didn't realised the video is not in the layout folder it's in x:\Attract-Mode\videos\bkg_anim.webm ...ooopsy
...put it there et voila... better late than never...haha)

Always searching for missing marquees+selfmade them... I prefer LQ Original over HQ Logo+Black (I rather wait or made myself) ...if you have some I missed...

Mahuti made a very helpful .psd for of a Cabinet..
Have not done too much with the cabinets but...a little....
Got last few weeks distracted by C64/Amiga stuff, redone both, was a Art-Renaming-Nightmare ahhh...had to be done-got Oneloadroms without crackintro for C64/switched to whdload on Amiga..memories!

Here are my latest Cabinets... have made some changes (edited/renamed/cloned...) currently adjusting them for Model1/2, when I have time....
...I think overriding the old ones would be best...UNLESS YOU CHANGED SOME YOURSELF ...had to warn ....because they may be gone...ha
https://mega.nz/file/vMEhBIrJ#o3d3e6Al47duzfmqRJGhGJrMwmRkBL4PY3A3Kgst6mY

+.psd (Mahuti)
https://mega.nz/file/DNFjBCwD#2xHEjtUo-nt4Vczlhv5Gl1BXQTRLMVtrkzd2we1P1O8
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 04:07:24 PM by damonxxx »

jclampy69

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2020, 05:39:23 PM »
'batch processing' is annoying. I'm going to either have to go Python script or Perl script.
I haven't looked into creating a Python script. I don't have Python installed at the moment either.
I think I've got a Perl script almost sorted out, but untested as I don't have Perl installed yet.

I was hoping to find a simple process that anyone could use, but it seems unfortunately not.
Edit:
Hmm, seems to use a Perl script you need PerlMagick. PerlMagick needs to be compiled with both ImageMagick and ImageMagick SDK installed as well as Perl installed under Windows. There's communication that you need specific versions of each software installed to get them to work together and it's becoming more of a headache than it is worth. So, back to the drawing board to find another solution I think.

hello jclampy69,
would be nice if you could post a layouttheme like one from the last video, with the cabinet appearing from the side...it is GREAT...no hurry have a lot going on myself ;(
could you also share the background video, mine is a little bit different with a LibretoSign, the Neon one looks cool, please...
I am on Windows 1920x1080 resolution, vertical logos look good+clear background would be nice...
Ok cool, I will start on putting something together for you.
The video is the same. The neon sign is a standard separate image where I use code in the layout.nut to have it cover the LibretoSign.
There are some 'user configured' settings I want to implement, so will give me a chance to figure that out as well.
Always searching for missing marquees+selfmade them... I prefer LQ Original over HQ Logo+Black (I rather wait or made myself) ...if you have some I missed...
Well, I've only just kind of started on this artwork stuff so was focusing on CPS1, 2, 3 having only just finished going through CPS1 to a level I was happy with.
Can probably put something together after the diamonds 3 cabinets come out, otherwise we're just going around in circles.
Mahuti made a very helpful .psd for of a Cabinet..
Have not done too much with the cabinets but...a little....
This is very cool and useful, but I already have a method for creating the cutting masks. I'm just trying to setup a batch process for myself, but if someone else already has a batch system setup then all good.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 06:31:38 PM by jclampy69 »

jclampy69

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2020, 10:12:51 PM »
I've got a batching process sorted out. Using XnView MP. It is gui based so don't need to worry about learning a new code language.

I'll post more about it after I have some dinner.

Edit1:
Running into some problems with most cabinets I have tested have the ball tops in different positions slightly going in front of the screen. So, what is happening is it's causing issues with the alpha mask for the screen. Either I need to figure out a different method with XnView MP, otherwise that program can't quite do what is required.

@damonxxx, if you are using Photoshop then I may have to leave the batch processing to you. Most of the information I have read points to Photoshop having multiple batch processing options. What you want to do is not actually replace the existing images alpha channel, but just delete the wall and sidekick, essentially subtracting those areas from the alpha mask. I think the problem with how I have attempted with XnView MP so far, is that it is replacing the existing alpha channel with a mask I was feeding it.

Edit2:
With XnView MP I've setup a batch process that will spit out all correct alpha masks for each cabinet. Only thing now is to find something that will batch process those alpha masks back onto the original image files.

See attached image.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 01:29:05 AM by jclampy69 »

damonxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2020, 02:34:38 AM »
hi jclampy69,

ah, you are welcome... had a hole afternoon trying out several programs only to getting back (in shame ;) ) to  photoshop at the end ahhrrrr...slow but working out of the gate...yeah PS...

had a look at diomonds 3, can't see any new arcade-cabinets, but those bezels on the vertical shooter look VERY nice ahhhhh...also some other interesting things in the video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I5zXR1qZNM

This looks really cool, too...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wT7mrC8JDc
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 03:46:49 AM by damonxxx »

jclampy69

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2020, 05:06:56 AM »
Good news. I've figured out how to get batch processing functioning. You have to use the legacy version of ImageMagick (v6).
I want to setup folder paths so you can define input and output paths. I should be able to put something together for when Diamonds 3 is released.

What is nice is that the process doesn't seem to damage the original graphics (except the side shadowkick), it just uses the alpha channel to hide what we don't want to see.
Check out the attached example output and see what happens when you turn the alpha channel on and off.

Edit:
Surprisingly I just noticed if you turn the alpha channel off on the original Diamond cabinet images they or some look a bit messy. So, you could say my process has tidied them up.
But.. I have optimised the process from 3-steps to 2-steps to speed things up and now the resulting 'messy' image will be back when alpha channel is disabled same as in the original Diamond cabinet images.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 06:19:22 PM by jclampy69 »

manzarek

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2020, 02:11:21 PM »
Hi mahuti, that sounds great,
I have only a psd+layer of the default cabinet (it's 1920x1080, I have all other cropped 1300x1080 for faster loading/size)
This cabinets dimension is slightly bigger with the silver borders etc. than the other ...
...there is a layer for a ridiculous big balls (hihi) stick and a normal...don't recognized it until later...
Would be good to have something like this more in style of the other cabinet, maybe with layer to choose for control panel...
... I think so were the original Cabinets done... and then add the artwork later...
...I tried to batch remove the wall and sidekick on the right (not a fan), but the edges don't look good, maybe someone can figure it out without layer psd...
Have made some "standard cabinets" myself the black ones, for all lightgun, wheel, trackball etc. Cabinets to match with the games,
wanted to add the artwork too for my favorite games, but I am  slooooowwww....haha
...all work no play....;)
psd attached

RetroRalph shows CoinOPSDiamonds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u-aFBBvoVU

The cabinets you have realised are very cool, and work fine on the layout. I added moving flyer behind the wheel logos (similar CoinOPS theme) and it is awesome, better than Retro Animated background. There is only issue that can be improved, i.e. the fade effect on the right side, where you can see the cutting of the image...
HELLO HOW CAN I GET THE SAME RESULT
Mame Fighting

jclampy69

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2020, 06:22:37 PM »
Lol, don't need to shout at me ;)
I'm just finishing the documentation up now, so will probably post it later tonight after I finish a set of my cabstyle-templates.

manzarek

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2020, 05:43:11 AM »
Lol, don't need to shout at me ;)
I'm just finishing the documentation up now, so will probably post it later tonight after I finish a set of my cabstyle-templates.
Sorry friend no it was my intention to scream, and being lazy I did not click on the button to remove the capital, okay I'll wait in the meantime thank you. ;)
Mame Fighting