Author Topic: SDAMax  (Read 11614 times)

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
Re: SDAMax
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 04:55:48 PM »
It appears that the new version of Attract-Mode has a problem with the CARRIER module that this layout ... and SDArcade layout uses?!

Again,  at this point,  I am going to need some help to determine why ... or anyone wanting to use the SDarcade layout (any of them) or this SDAMax layout will have to use an older version of attract mode.

Can someone point me to an "official" way to let the author of Attract-Mode know this is happening?
Visit my arcade blog ... www.idahogaragecade.com (updated 06-27-19)

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 06:25:03 PM »
I have a semi-fix for SDAMax... but not the SDArcade layouts... to get this to work with 2.5.1 on the PC (it works on the Pi3?!?)... all you have to do is copy the carrier.nut file from the scripts subfolder in the layout to the modules folder.   Not sure why that's necessary as it works PERFECTLY FINE on older versions of Attract-Mode with the carrier.nut file just sitting in the scripts folder within the layout?!

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 07:25:23 PM »
Well I am a bit of a dummy.  It appears that I ... at some point ... put the carrier.nut script in my MODULES folder... and I thought I was loading the carrier.nut from the script that is in the layout.  Evidently not.   Time to do a little updating (may take a little time I am swamped)... but until then to fix this issue all you have to do is add the carrier.nut file from the scripts folder to the modules folder...

My apologies for my "hack" issues...

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 08:57:11 PM »
UPDATE: I have fixed the SDAMax v1.1 layout.  It should work fine on a Pi3 or PC now (probably Mac too but I have no idea)...

All I had to do was change a fe.load_module command to a fe.do_nut command.  100% my fault for not completely understanding what was going on.

The new updated file is marked with an "f" (for fixed) and can be downloaded in the OP above or at this link:

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/cPEqD11j888Eul2fVotoduId0wZ1t9as0Z5i7FPfCYW

Again,  my apologies guys!  I am learning...

gleegum

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2019, 04:18:46 PM »
UPDATE: I have fixed the SDAMax v1.1 layout.  It should work fine on a Pi3 or PC now (probably Mac too but I have no idea)...

All I had to do was change a fe.load_module command to a fe.do_nut command.  100% my fault for not completely understanding what was going on.

The new updated file is marked with an "f" (for fixed) and can be downloaded in the OP above or at this link:

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/cPEqD11j888Eul2fVotoduId0wZ1t9as0Z5i7FPfCYW

It's working now, thank you!!

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2019, 05:34:00 PM »

It's working now, thank you!!

Thank you for the confirmation.

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2019, 09:50:05 AM »
SDAMax II has been released!  Some of the new features include a progress bar,  favorites star,  genre and player number indicators,  new header animations and more.  You can download the new version at my blog site...

www.idahogaragecade.com (press the AM LAYOUTS button at the top menu bar)

Here is a video of the layout in action...

https://youtu.be/Np7blSsslG0

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2019, 06:08:59 AM »
A bug has been found in SDAMax II and has been squashed.  I've also added controller type and button number options.  More info can be found on SDAMax III blog post found HERE...