Author Topic: Display Menu Screen Saver  (Read 6766 times)

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
Re: Display Menu Screen Saver
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2019, 06:01:35 AM »
menu-art folder worked for me. However, I think Frizzle wants the screensaver to change the display to one whos list contains actual game roms. Which is why suggested using the emulator field to determine if the display is a menu or not.

@Frizzle If you are ok with the screensaver changing to a preset display, try adding a transition for start layout to switch display.? If that works, you could edit the user config to incude a user definable variable for it.

afaik menu-art is hardcoded, a workaround with a big enough display menu romlist might be to populate menu-art subfolders with three sets of snaps but the limiting factor is that non-romlist items won't be displayed so # of snaps displayed == 3x romlist items (and thats if three snaps work in first place as I have tested only one).

I know I can create displays and set them to "not show" on the menu.  I wonder if I can create,  say 20 new displays under various names... set them to NOT DISPLAY on the menu... and then set up artwork under their names... if the screensaver will still show their named artwork  ... or if it too would "not display" those (like the menu)?

Visit my arcade blog ... www.idahogaragecade.com (updated 06-27-19)