Author Topic: Default filter on return of displays  (Read 1887 times)

Wenzon

• View Profile
Default filter on return of displays
« on: October 23, 2019, 03:47:26 AM »
I didn't find in the forum about filters by default between one display and another. And I don't know if my question is in this forum. So, I apologize in advance if this is not the place.

Let me explain further. By default AM sets the display with the filter "ALL". I am in the MAME display and use the "Fighters" filter, if I go to another display (NAOMI), the filter will be active for "ALL".
If I return to the MAME display, the filter I previously selected will be enabled.

I wish that when navigation between one display or another occurred, the filters would reset, in this case, back to the default filter "ALL". Every time I go back to the display where I applied a particular filter, I have to select the "ALL" filter to show all games again. This is very annoying.

Does AM have this option or do I need to add a script to my theme?
Thanks in advance for your help.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Default filter on return of displays
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 10:55:51 AM »
I didn't find in the forum about filters by default between one display and another. And I don't know if my question is in this forum. So, I apologize in advance if this is not the place.

Let me explain further. By default AM sets the display with the filter "ALL". I am in the MAME display and use the "Fighters" filter, if I go to another display (NAOMI), the filter will be active for "ALL".
If I return to the MAME display, the filter I previously selected will be enabled.

I see your point, but what you describe is the intended behavior in Attract Mode. It makes sense because not every display draws from the same romlist, therefore not all displays have the same filter set. Maybe you are in Mame display with the Fighters filter, but then you switch to the SNES display and that filter is not there.

A layout could be coded to overcome this, saving the current filter in the non volatile memory and recalling it when changing display. It would make a lot of sense when you have displays drawing from the same romlist (as in the Naomi example)

Wenzon

• View Profile
Re: Default filter on return of displays
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 01:46:45 PM »
A layout could be coded to overcome this, saving the current filter in the non volatile memory and recalling it when changing display. It would make a lot of sense when you have displays drawing from the same romlist (as in the Naomi example)

I have no idea how to implement this in my theme. Would you help me zpaolo11x?