Author Topic: Launching PC Games - NEW ISSUE  (Read 12006 times)

Thamiel

• View Profile
Launching PC Games - NEW ISSUE
« on: September 30, 2014, 12:28:49 AM »
Hey guys, back configuring AM at the moment. Hoping to get the final few things working nicely, shell windows and then just play some games. Couple of questions:

1. I'm sure I read that a few people were launching PC games from within AM. I'm trying to get Street Fighter 4 to launch from AM, at a complete loss as to how to go about that.

2. Regarding SF4, I'm using the PC version and have used Autohotkey to remap the Enter key to 1 (P1 Start button on my cab). I'm hoping to remap ESC to the key combination 1 + 2. Is that possible with Autohotkey? Or will the Enter remap override the ESC remap?

Cheers lads.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 07:16:46 AM by Thamiel »

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Launching PC Games
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 08:15:29 AM »
hi Thamiel,

I think this should help:  https://github.com/mickelson/attract/issues/49

Its about setting up attractmode to run pc games

Thamiel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 04:17:49 PM »
Thanks for that, got it launching USF4 nicely though. Only problem is it dosn't go back to Attract Mode FE when I quit to desktop within USF4. Just has this frozen image of the game menu and I have to use task manager to kill it. Any ideas on how to get it returning to AM cleanly?

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 05:50:36 PM »
When you run something Attract-Mode just freezes and waits for the process to end.  So it sounds like Attract-mode still thinks sf4 is running after you exit it... is there any chance the sf process is still running in the background?

Thamiel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 04:12:12 AM »
Nah no SF4 process still running, AM just kinda freezes the last image of SF4. I have found that if I then press up or down it goes back to normal (the key press refreshing AM I'm assuming). It seems like it's a similar issue I have with AM when I first load it up. All the wheel art, screenshots and flyers are garbled but go straight back to normal as soon as I scroll through the game list.

Took a short video, ignore the AutoHotkey warning popping up. That's an easy fix.

http://youtu.be/td216YJ2Uz8

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 05:36:50 PM »
Thanks for the link, I'll try to recreate the problem here to try and figure out what is going on...

Thamiel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 01:12:38 AM »
No rush mate, it still works fine. Just looks a little messy.

Also for the record, this FE is killer. Once you get your head around a few things it's so simple, can't believe how much time I wasted messing around with Hyperspin...

Thamiel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 01:50:24 AM »
Quick note. Updated to 1.4, graphics corruption problem no longer occurs. So problem solved for me! haha

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Launching PC Games - RESOLVED
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 09:52:26 PM »
great!

Thamiel

• View Profile
Re: Launching PC Games - NEW ISSUE
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 07:16:21 AM »
Gah, one last issue with launching the PC games.

So I have Streets of Rage Remake and Vanguard Princess on the cab, when I launch them outside of AM they run full speed with no issues at all. When launched from AM though the run at around half (or less than) their normal frame rate. Any ideas as to why the FE would be causing this behaviour?

EDIT: Little more info, appears windows is running at a crawl when AM is running. If I alt tab out of AM and try to open a folder or whatever in explorer it's very sluggish. Goes straight back to normal when AM is closed. Checked CPU usage with AM running, only sitting at 10-13%.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 05:25:24 AM by Thamiel »

Thamiel

• View Profile
Re: Launching PC Games - NEW ISSUE
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 04:13:27 AM »
And everything is running fantastically now, switched to a Win7/GroovyMame setup. Quite finnicky to sort it out but it ended up giving me a solid performance boost and solved all those PC games/AM/graphics corruption issues completely. Very seamless now.