Author Topic: Newbee Starter Newb help videos & artwork  (Read 1023 times)

SmokeyCC

• View Profile
Newbee Starter Newb help videos & artwork
« on: June 06, 2022, 11:26:32 AM »
Hello I am new to attract mode.

I have set up two screens (I'm just getting warmed up ha ha) - NES and Sega Master System

I have a few questions and would love a little help please :)

Ok

Q1) In the Settings, Emulator - there is an add an artwork, is this only for specific artwork for themes? 
e.g. I notice there is no titlesnap or cartridges folders in the C:\Attract\scraper\NES\. 
So would this be a correct  use case?

Q2) Also in addition to Q1
On my drives z:/NES/artwork/clearlogo/
This is the name for kodi but marquee for Attract. 

In the same Add Artwork, could I add "marquee" and place z:/NES/artwork/clearlogo/

Would attract automatically use this as marquee artwork (the filenames are identical)

If I were then to Scrape, would the files on the z drive be overwritten when I scrape the media? 
Would any missing be added to this folder when I scrape?
Or do these directories just get copied when I scrape into the C Drive and the final C Drive content ignores thegamesdb where there are z drive marquees?

Q3)  I tried the display cool, but I could not get videos to work.  I tried changing my config file.
Please see:

Code: [Select]
# Generated by Attract-Mode v2.6.2
#
executable           C:\RetroArch\retroarch.exe
args                 -L C:\RetroArch\cores\smsplus_libretro.dll "[romfilename]"
rompath              C:\Roms\Sega Master System\
romext               .sms
system               Sega Master System
info_source          listsoftware+thegamesdb.net
exit_hotkey          F1
pause_hotkey         F2
artwork    flyer           $HOME/Sega Master System/boxart
artwork    marquee         $HOME/Sega Master System/marquee
artwork    snap            $HOME/Sega Master System/snap;$HOME/Sega Master System/videos
artwork    videos          $HOME/Sega Master System/videos
artwork    wheel           $HOME/Sega Master System/wheel

I have saved a video in c:\Attract\scraper\Sega Master System\videos\Alex Kidd in Miracle World (USA, Europe).mp4

In the Display "Cool" I have the background to "video"
I did try adding a videos line, I also tried changing the artwork videos to artwork video, but no joy... What am I doing wrong?

Question 4) I have been through the menus (I assume themes can be installed to increase the displays).  However I was looking for one I saw on line.  The best way I can describe it, was an arcade cabinet to the left, it was playing the video.  On the right it had a disc spinner / logo wheel - forgive the terminology but could you point me in the direction to make that happen?  Or give a hint :)

Thanks for your help, getting me started :)

Chris

« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 11:30:53 AM by SmokeyCC »

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Newbee Starter Newb help videos & artwork
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 06:14:20 PM »
1. You can create a "cartart", "boxart", "boxbackart" or any other folder that you want. They can be named anything but their names need to match what they are called in the layout.nut of the theme you use.

2. Clearlogo = Wheel. Marquee is the graphic on the top of an arcade machine.

3. In the Cools layout videos are disabled by default. You can turn it on in the layout options.

4. Robospin, maybe? http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=481.msg3331#msg3331