Author Topic: ArcadeBliss Re-Skin  (Read 11530 times)

peanutwarrior

• View Profile
ArcadeBliss Re-Skin
« on: May 01, 2016, 11:40:22 AM »
I take no credit for this, as the code is mainly from ArcadeBliss. Just a few examples of theme setups currently working on. The images are from various locations, with many from hyperspin resized to fit widescreen proportions. Would be nice to feature game information and another wheel art to display the colorful title of each game, not sure which part of the code would allow me to do that.

so far attract-mode is proving to be a great front end....

bundangdon

• View Profile
Re: ArcadeBliss Re-Skin
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 05:10:38 AM »
Very nice! I did a re-work of the arcadebliss layout too, but yours has a very clean and polished look. I especially like how the boxes have their reflection below them. Any chance of sharing this layout?  :D

peanutwarrior

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 06:35:43 AM »
the reflection box art was taken from a hyperspin theme, however you can imbatch which will add reflections in batch to any boxart. The theme is a bit of a mess at the moment, with png files all over the place. Aim to have a theme for most systems set up. Once I've finished I'll upload the layout files, not sure about boxart as it's rather large, it can be found on hyperspin's ftp server under nox theme.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 06:37:25 AM by peanutwarrior »

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 07:45:25 AM »
very nice and clean :)

bundangdon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 07:51:33 AM »
Thanks a lot for the tip! I'll keep an eye on this theme for future developments too :)

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 11:02:53 AM »
I like the extra information included...are they just additional fields in the romlist?

peanutwarrior

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 12:21:21 PM »
the info is a separate png file, you could use text, not sure how you would address that. I checked an emulationstation theme, most of that is png.

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 02:31:33 AM »
peanutwarrior - I feel like you have dangled the carrot in front of rabbits without giving it to to the rabbits . hahaha

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 02:33:41 AM »
Well said Omamez. One day this will all be just a torrent away.

peanutwarrior

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 06:10:42 AM »
it's far from finished, I had planned on working on each system first, but now I'll just work on the super nintendo one first till I get that right in terms of the layout. I did try using game descriptions as png files, located as fanart, this does work but it's not very space friendly and would take ages to have a description for 700 odd games. Launchbox pulls metadata for consoles, be nice to know where it stores that information and whether it could be pulled across.

I will continue this theme as I am slowly moving over from Hyperspin to attractmode, purely as it's more flexible and runs in 1080p. It's a project to help me better understand adobe software as I have to teach it to students at work, I figure might as well do something I can use after.

dumb question, where or how can I upload all this minus the videos as it would be quite a large file?

which style of layout works best? any ideas, alterations?

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 07:09:25 AM »
https://mega.nz/ offers 50gb.

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2016, 04:44:40 PM »
https://archive.org/-  its free also
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 04:46:37 PM by Omamez »