Author Topic: how to add super resolution in attract mode?  (Read 2087 times)

ninjitsu12

• View Profile
how to add super resolution in attract mode?
« on: September 07, 2020, 04:08:20 PM »
hello friends i was wondering how to make attract mode in super resolution 2560x0?, why am i using this resolution in my arcade with crt emudrive or if there is any theme for it with super resolution?
Thank you
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 04:37:03 PM by ninjitsu12 »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: how to add super resolution in attract mode?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 11:25:04 PM »
I use Attract Mode on my Macbook Pro with Retina display, resolution is 2560x1600.

I developed my own theme, Arcadeflow, it adapts to every resolution, but bear in mind that if you run it at "native" 2560x1600 it will struggle a bit because of the shaders used. Maybe if you have a powerful GPU then you won't see slowdowns at all (on a three years old Quadro card it runs flawlessly at 1920x1200). To allow it to run on lower spec machines I added an option to artificially reduce the resolution of some surfaces...

BTW if you want to check it out, it's here: http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=2068.0

ninjitsu12

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 02:36:01 PM »
thanks zpaollo i will do the test tomorrow.more one doubt is just unzipping in the layout folder of attract mode?
I tried to add it to the menu but the error locks the attract mode and I have to press ctrl alt del to close it
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 07:25:10 PM by ninjitsu12 »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 11:07:25 PM »
thanks zpaollo i will do the test tomorrow.more one doubt is just unzipping in the layout folder of attract mode?
I tried to add it to the menu but the error locks the attract mode and I have to press ctrl alt del to close it

You have to unzip the layout in the Layout folder inside Attract Mode folder. You'll have Layouts/Arcadeflow/files from the archive. The archive is in tar-gzip format, you should be able to unpack it using 7zip, don't know if windows natively support tgz archives...

ninjitsu12

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 10:25:21 AM »
thank you zpaolo worked now