Author Topic: can't exit emulator/program  (Read 527 times)

bsell1

• View Profile
can't exit emulator/program
« on: December 03, 2023, 02:02:26 PM »
So I am finalizing setting up Attract Mode the way I like, and am going through all my systems making sure each game has video and logos,  as well as confirming that everything will launch and exit appropriately.  I have run across a couple of systems that do not exit  and remain running in the background after I return to the front end.  I have my controller set to use "select" and "start" together to exit a game.  This works fine.  However, in the background the game continues to run, and does not stop.  So far, the two systems with this problem are Pop Cap games, which run an .exe, and Pinball Arcade, which runs off of a .bat file.  Any suggestions to help resolve this problem and make the games exit all the way when using select and start?

theyscope

• View Profile
Re: can't exit emulator/program
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2023, 11:37:57 PM »
So I am finalizing setting up Attract Mode the way I like, and am going through all my systems making sure each game has video and logos,  as well as confirming that everything will launch and exit appropriately.  I have run across a couple of systems that do not exit  and remain running in the background after I return to the front end.  I have my controller set to use "select" and "start" together to exit a game.  This works fine.  However, in the background the game continues to run, and does not stop.  So far, the two systems with this problem are Pop Cap games, which run an .exe, and Pinball Arcade, which runs off of a .bat file.  Any suggestions to help resolve this problem and make the games exit all the way when using select and start?
Have you tried restoring factory settings?