Author Topic: Is There A Program?  (Read 2750 times)

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
Is There A Program?
« on: July 02, 2019, 11:57:59 AM »
Is there a program that I can feed a list of games (even rom names) that will output an attract-mode compatible romlist on the other end?

I ask as KLOV maintains a "All killer no filler" multiple lists of games that has a batch file that will copy the specific roms in these lists to a folder.  I then need to be able to create ROM lists from that group of files or from the original list of files from within the batch file.   
Visit my arcade blog ... www.idahogaragecade.com (updated 06-27-19)

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Is There A Program?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 12:27:36 PM »
It would be easy to make a ruby or python script create a tag list based on files in a folder... but why?

Edit: maybe I misunderstand. Have you seen my conversion of the all killler into attract tag list?

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 03:00:34 PM »
It would be easy to make a ruby or python script create a tag list based on files in a folder... but why?

Edit: maybe I misunderstand. Have you seen my conversion of the all killler into attract tag list?

I have not.  Maybe I need to go back and re-examine the posts...

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 04:42:17 PM »
Thanks...

Now,  the tag files are "favorites" files,  right?  How do I setup more than one favorites per romlist or do I have to create multiple romlists (of say my full .208 romset) and then make a favorite for each?

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 05:31:00 PM »
Thanks...

Now,  the tag files are "favorites" files,  right?  How do I setup more than one favorites per romlist or do I have to create multiple romlists (of say my full .208 romset) and then make a favorite for each?

They are not favorites. Read the readme file. It includes example. You can include a complete romset in your romlist and have displays globally filtered by tags. Its a great way to not include 40,000 roms, but have an easy way to add an additional one later.