Author Topic: can you make a video play for each display.  (Read 2085 times)

mesoraven

• View Profile
can you make a video play for each display.
« on: March 21, 2022, 06:07:00 AM »
Hello so new to coding in general and super new to squirril but having alot of fun with attractmode. so what i would like to do is have attractmode play a video clip when i move from one display to the next (im thinking console startup videos) so how would i do that.

my first thought was to look for the event handler that registers the click and loading the appropriatly titled display. but i cant find that in any .nut file i look at is that how attractmode works?

Mark Norville

• View Profile
Re: can you make a video play for each display.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 06:11:57 AM »
You have kind of lost me on this one. Your English is a bit broken, so I am guessing English is not your first language?

You set up displays via the AM control panel so as an example

Crash Bandicoot Display
Spyro Display

You already have videos for those displays if you put them in the video structure and name them as the title.

I am not sure if you are using the correct terminology or describing what you actually mean, hence my confusion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfSyAEa-PiY

This is videos for each display

If this is what you mean C:\Attract Mode Arcade Wall\menu-art\snap (adjust your directories to suit your own set up, but the videos go in menu-art\snap

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 06:16:57 AM by Mark Norville »
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

Computer Specs : I7 3770K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Win 10
HD Specs : 1 x 1 TB SSD + 4 x 8 TB = 33 TB (fullish)
First system : ZX81 (Yes I am an old fart)
PS Network : MarkNorvile
Xbox : Mark Norville

mesoraven

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2022, 07:07:58 AM »
no it is my first language.

ok so im thinking like the "fade to game" using that we can set attractmode to display an image/video prior to launching the emulator.
what i would like to do is program it so that when we select a display from the main display for example to go from the main display to the NES display that is plays a video inbetween like this.

Main display shows > select NES display > Video Shows > NES Display Shows

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2022, 07:14:30 AM »
Ok I am seeing what you mean

So you want to

Highlight SEGA
Click Sega
Video shows
Display SEGA rom lists

I would swear a lot here, but why would you want to do that for?

It is sheer MADNESS lol

Sorry I will post this, and then edit in a second. At the moment I am smiling, laughing and swearing.

Back in a bit lol

Ok I am slightly, only just a bit better now.

I could potentially see this being reasonably okish if it played a two second video, but we have had conversations like this about the fade to game plug in, in that it increases the time taken to load a game.

So on my old PC it would take seven seconds to load a game, ten if you used fade to game. The argument being why would you want this for when it takes longer to load a game?

However, I would have a look at the fade to game plug in, and then see if that can be edited to make it fade to selection as that is really what you are calling this.

I am going to add more here if you are using say logo and video you already have a video displaying, why have another one? If you are using a static image, but then want a short video upon selection sort of ok.

I myself personally cannot get my head around this, but everyone likes their own things. I love cabinets, I hate wheels and the HyperSpin look, while other people like wheels and the HyperSpin look but not using HS.

However, I would just use a video to show the system, it pretty much does what you want it to do anyway, display a video.

Trust me, by the time you have seen it for the MILLIONTH time, you will be sick and tired of it.

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 09:53:51 AM by Mark Norville »
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

Computer Specs : I7 3770K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Win 10
HD Specs : 1 x 1 TB SSD + 4 x 8 TB = 33 TB (fullish)
First system : ZX81 (Yes I am an old fart)
PS Network : MarkNorvile
Xbox : Mark Norville

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2022, 03:42:23 PM »
Read this thread, I think it's what you want. http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=3429.msg23995#msg23995