Author Topic: Attract Mode on TV CRT  (Read 2320 times)

treme

• View Profile
Attract Mode on TV CRT
« on: March 02, 2019, 06:04:56 AM »
Hello, firstly, sorry for my English, I do not speak it and for this I am using a translator, I hope you can understand me well.

I have a PC which I am configuring to connect it to a tv crt, the graphic I use is an ATI RADEON HD 6870, which I have installed the calamity drivers so that it emits 15khz

Next I installed the Attract Mode and I configured a couple of systems (Mame and Daphne) to check that everything works properly from an LCD, then I connected the tv crt, I extended the screens and then I placed the second monitor (tv crt ) as the main screen, I execute Attract mode and can be seen running on the tv crt perfectly at a resolution of 640x480.

The problem comes when in the frame resolution options that are all in the second monitor (tv crt) to be able to disconnect the lcd and be able to use only the crt, I execute Attract mode and loses the synchronic seeing nothing but streaks in the crt .

In the compatibility mode I have also marked it to run at 640x480, but nothing, still nothing.

Is that Attract Mode can not be seen at 640x480?any idea where the problem might be?

Thank you
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 06:07:42 AM by treme »

pecosdave

• View Profile
Re: Attract Mode on TV CRT
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 11:42:10 AM »
What interface are you using?  If it's RCA or S-Video it should pretty much be set at a fixed frequency and resolution. If you have the options in the card settings be sure to specify NTSC in North America, PAL in Europe or look up what your TV is l elsewhere.  If you are using component or possibly VGA if your TV was really awesome for the era, your going to have closer to VGA limitations.

You shouldn't have anything in the Khz range

See if there above mentioned settings are an option in your driver.

Neil

• View Profile
Re: Attract Mode on TV CRT
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 12:24:39 PM »
Try disabling AMD External events utility in the process list of Windows 7 (and stop it permanently). I had a similar problem to yours and doing that fixed it.