Author Topic: Debugging a layout that crashes AM with no console output  (Read 2881 times)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Debugging a layout that crashes AM with no console output
« on: June 06, 2019, 12:16:04 AM »
I'm having a bit of troubles with my layout: for some reason the latest changes I made are breaking havoc on windows, and the layout often crashes when reloading. But instead of crashing leaving a nice console output (--loglevel debug) it just hangs, and when it's closed by windows there's no useful output on the console. Any idea on how to understand what happens? On MacOs I can see a debug log but I can't get much out of that :/

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Debugging a layout that crashes AM with no console output
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 11:13:19 AM »
On my Mac when the layout crashes I get this output on the console:

attract(18617,0x1190aa5c0) malloc: *** error for object 0x1: pointer being freed was not allocated
attract(18617,0x1190aa5c0) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
Abort trap: 6

It always happens upon reloading a layout or launching the frontend. Any idea what that error means?

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 02:52:42 PM »
Are you assigning a variable with an expression?

Wait... what version of attract are you using? Perhaps its an internal attract issue.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 10:20:52 PM »
Are you assigning a variable with an expression?

Hmm maybe? Can you make an example?

Wait... what version of attract are you using? Perhaps its an internal attract issue.

I'm using AM 2.5.1 on my Mac and my PC, the latest version of my layout started crashing on my PC (not much on my Mac but sometimes even there too) in a way that it never did. It crashes when reloading the layout ( fe.signal ("reload") ) or when getting out of the layout options menu. Sadly on the Mac it doesn't happen often, while on the PC there's no output log on the console when it happens

qqplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 03:06:34 PM »
Im having problems with ambiance and multiple drop shadow objects.
AM sudenly closes on w10, tried on w8.1 too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAHBYvKDsds