Author Topic: About videos in snapvideos mp4 format Rpi2  (Read 2915 times)

saitoh00

• View Profile
About videos in snapvideos mp4 format Rpi2
« on: August 01, 2016, 09:46:18 AM »
Hello i have some videos in mp4 format at forlder snapvideos for use with fba, but when i change the  the game to see the preview video, the system freezes and go slow.

Any alternative to this format? I use raspberry pi 2 @1100 mhz.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: About videos in snapvideos mp4 format Rpi2
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 08:39:34 PM »
There is quite a bit of discussion about this in other threads. The lower resolution mp4 files from EmuMovies seem to work fine. I also think that the latest 2.1.0 version of AM helps with this issue.

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 01:23:04 AM »
mp4 is so convenient, but also CPU intensive if there is no hardware acceleration for decoding.
see my other post with some test data http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=251.msg1580#msg1580

---

even if your system and hardware is capable of hardware video decoding (and both my mac or your rpi are) - AM is NOT USING ACCELERATION and playing video only using your CPU.
Well... at least on OS X - the same video snap (720p) plays is AM @ 60% CPU and in video player (with hardware decoding) @30%.

---

Good candidate for video encoding is XviD (in AVI container). It is less cpu intensive and produces fairy small files, not that much bigger than mp4.
You can use older version of handbrake (current one is mp4 only) - .91 or .92 if I remember correctly.

saitoh00

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 05:28:19 AM »
thanks  for your answers.

I not sure what version is the v4 for raspberry. I think is the last. I m wrong?.When i scroll 10 videos or more the system becomes crazy.  It dont respond to direction keys and scroll down until Z letter.

I read the problem with cpu usage.

¿The packet AM with retropie is 2.10 version?