Author Topic: Resolution  (Read 2905 times)

KTURNER

• View Profile
Resolution
« on: March 23, 2017, 11:38:01 AM »
I have what might be a very stupid question so forgive me if it is. When you adjust your resolution to fix layout issues are we talking about the main display resolution in windows, the resolution of the image in the layout file or something in the nut file?

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Resolution
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 02:29:38 PM »
My guess would be the desktop resolution? I designed my layout based on percentages, so it will dynamically fit any resolution. Some people design for a set of specific resolutions. Some have only 1 hard set resolution. Everyone seems to be taking a different approach.

I should design some resolution helpers to determine if aspect is widescreen or standard, and people could use percentages and have certain variables change based on format. It could be as simple as using a tenery expression.

KTURNER

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 05:38:38 AM »
Thank you, I think there are a lot of people that really love the arcade games but don't have the computer background they need to solve problems such as this. I have seen a few users with background issues and the fix seems to be changing resolution. For me it has not worked. I was hoping I was just misunderstanding the whole resolution thing.

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 01:12:56 PM »
Thank you, I think there are a lot of people that really love the arcade games but don't have the computer background they need to solve problems such as this. I have seen a few users with background issues and the fix seems to be changing resolution. For me it has not worked. I was hoping I was just misunderstanding the whole resolution thing.

The issue isn't you. I think we are on the same page. I'll try to knock out those helpers and maybe create an example. See what other layout developers think, and get some feedback. Designing for multiple resolutions is an issue with website design, and I am very familiar with the responsive design approach. The same can be done here with attractmode. You don't need different layouts for different resolutions.

KTURNER

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 02:04:05 PM »
Your awesome man!