Author Topic: Missing artwork solutions  (Read 3338 times)

chewz

• View Profile
Missing artwork solutions
« on: August 25, 2016, 10:31:32 AM »
I've dabbled in different front ends and really glad to of come across AM.

I've always had an issue with missing artwork and wondered what people do with this?. I have emu movies account and also use AM's scraper but I always have missing artwork.

From emu movies out of 900 ROMs its missing 300 or so snaps/titles. I guess this is due to ROMs not being named correctly as I have corrected a few and they now scrape the artwork.

My question is: what is the best and most efficient way to get the missing artwork in place? If I do need to rename ROMs how do I know of the correct format and I can't handle doing it one by one!

If i did end up doing a few manually without scraping is it just a case of finding an image of the game and naming it to match the ROM name?

Thanks

akafox

• View Profile
Re: Missing artwork solutions
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 08:14:42 PM »
You can rename all your roms with clrmame pro (yes it works for more than mame roms). I never had a problem with emumovies...although now I can't log in there for some reason. Some artwork may just be missing as well. I have to ask though what name format are your roms in? (U) (E) or (USA) (EUR)? MAME is much easier becasue of the "fixed" naming format...that shouldn't be a problem...other systems can be a pain! :(

Have you tried progetto snaps? http://www.progettosnaps.net/snapshots/
videos are here http://www.progettosnaps.net/videosnaps/

They may have some that you are missing.
People want life easy..then complain about it

onesojourner

• View Profile
Re: Missing artwork solutions
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 06:23:12 AM »
Is clrmame pro still the best way to go about renaming roms? I don't have nearly as many roms to fix as the OP but I do have a bit of a mess. Is there any more in depth writeups about scraping?