Author Topic: AM Crashing on Launch for Single User on Mac OS X 10.10.4  (Read 5603 times)

orbit79

• View Profile
AM Crashing on Launch for Single User on Mac OS X 10.10.4
« on: July 02, 2015, 08:49:40 PM »
Attract Mode is crashing on launch for me, but only for a single user account. When I try it from another user account it launches correctly.

What I have done so far is:

• Rebooted Mac
  • Launched AM from Safe Mode
  • Repaired Disk Permissions
  • Removed AM and all Preferences using AppCleaner
  • Checked Console Output

The console gave the following error:

3/07/2015 1:48:13.179 pm com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (org.attractmode.attract.185484[492]) Service exited with abnormal code: 1

Any other ideas?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 09:14:18 PM by orbit79 »

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
Re: AM Crashing on Launch for Single User on Mac OS X 10.10.4
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 05:23:59 AM »
I'm sorry to tell you, but if it is working on another user account - it is something wrong with you current user account, not with AM.
I had that problem once (with other software) - and only deleting my account and creating it from scratch helped.

As last resort you can try free Onyx app (www.titanium.free.fr) to fix your account - you can purge various caches and run maintenance scripts.
It is pretty safe procedure - but back up your computer first, just in case.

wirelessjava2002

• View Profile
    • Paul Rowland Apps
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 12:00:11 PM »
Have you tried

Apple Icon -> System Preferences -> Displays -> Click ‘scaled’ then choose the next resolution down, i.e. 1920 x 1080

Re-start AM

orbit79

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 07:15:43 PM »
I'm aware it's related to my account, but I'm wanting to fix the issue rather than building a new account. I'll build a new one if I have to, but I'd rather exhaust all other options first. I tried Onyx but no luck sadly. I also tried the resolution trick but again no luck. I reset NVRAM but no luck. Running out of options sadly.

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 12:46:12 PM »
Yea, I know I was stating the obvious - but my point is that with that kind of "malfunction" there is really no way to pinpoint what is causing the trouble.

Maybe you can try migration assistant to backup your account - delete it - and then restore it. It kinda sounds like stupid idea (since you'll be restoring the same problematic setup) but AFIK migration assistant doesn't copy ALL config data - and you might get lucky that after restore your problem goes away.

wirelessjava2002

• View Profile
    • Paul Rowland Apps
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 04:06:31 PM »
How about copy/paste the stack trace, will show what AM was trying to do at the time of the crash.
It might give clues for peeps that know what they are doing/looking for (present company accepted)

And for the rest of us, a challenge  :)

tomek

• View Profile
    • About Me
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 02:51:41 PM »
One thing you could try is launching AM from the Terminal to see if you get any extra output in the shell window.

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects