Author Topic: Finally pushing some small bits to github  (Read 5227 times)

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Finally pushing some small bits to github
« on: August 05, 2018, 02:56:03 PM »
I’ve been busy lately. Yayaya. Obtained a new job and waiting for the official offer, fixing CNC machines and eventually will be programming the PLC’s. With the release of mame 0.200, I decided to update my romset and push some things I worked on a while ago to GitHub.

playchoicecomplete is a layout inspired from the Nintendo Playchoice-10 arcade machine. Once my romset is finished updating, I’ll get a proper gif. I think it would be weird showing you guys this theme with only neo geo titles as I currently have nothing else on my dev machine. Repo is pushed and should be all set minus that gif, if you want to check it out.

https://github.com/keilmillerjr/playchoicecomplete-layout

QuirkFix is a plugin that helps to fix small user quirks during arcade use. It can close emulator after specified period of inactivity. This can eliminate burn in from a game left on. AttractMode has a good screensaver. It can also close emulator after holding signal (key) for specified period of time. This prevents accidental button press exiting emulator. It can also be expanded based on feedback, but would like to keep it lightweight. I just need to compile and create docs.

attract-tag-parser is a ruby script that parses attract tag lists and can tell you which files you have matching/missing, copy resources matching the tag list, etc. Its meant to be used with something like the no filler tag list I created for attract, or any custom one you choose. You can create small romsets tailored for your specific setup. Code is like 90% complete. All components work, but I have some command line print out issues that need to be resolved.

Flavors theme could use a small update. I realized that people are actually using the theme. I’m currently at 0% completion with it. It’s probably a single hours worth of work, to get some small formatting updated and the shaders for vertical mode corrected.

Hopefully I can get these completely finished and shared this week.

I think I figured out in my head how to add animation compatibility to shuffle to make it more wiiflow/conveyor like, while still being super easy and layout developer configurable - but we will see if I ever get to it.

Favdeacon

• View Profile
Re: Finally pushing some small bits to github
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 10:37:47 PM »
Thank you very much for all your work. :D

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 04:28:13 AM »
Thanks for your job.

I have downloaded the leap plugin, I have put it in my system and I have activated it in the AM menu, but it does not do anything.

In addition to empty Favorites, I have created a filter with a condition that will not give me any results, and it also appears along with favorites.

Should we do more?
Nacer a los 15 años Una novela de iOtero

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 05:55:50 AM »
Thanks for your job.

I have downloaded the leap plugin, I have put it in my system and I have activated it in the AM menu, but it does not do anything.

In addition to empty Favorites, I have created a filter with a condition that will not give me any results, and it also appears along with favorites.

Should we do more?

It works 100% for me. Will you be on discord tonight? I’m eastern time. I jut upgraded to 2.4 last night.

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 07:17:43 AM »
Thanks for your job.

Should we do more?

It works 100% for me. Will you be on discord tonight? I’m eastern time. I jut upgraded to 2.4 last night.

This code:

Code: [Select]
// Layout User Options
class UserConfig </ help="Plugin helps to leap over empty filters." /> {
</ label="Exception",
help="Plugin will not leap over this filter. This will prevent an infinite loop, should your romlist for the current display != 0. You must have a filter with roms in it.",
order=1 />
exception="All";
}

// Debug
class Leap {
user_config = null;
exception = null;

constructor() {
user_config = fe.get_config();
exception =  user_config["exception"];

fe.add_transition_callback(this, "transitions");
}

function transitions(ttype, var, ttime) {
if ((ttype == Transition.StartLayout) || (ttype == Transition.ToNewSelection) || (ttype == Transition.ToNewList)) logic(var);
}

function logic(direction) {
if ((fe.filters[fe.list.filter_index].name != exception) && (fe.list.size == 0)) {
if (direction < 0) fe.signal("prev_filter");
else fe.signal("next_filter");
}
}
}
fe.plugin["Leap"] <- Leap();

In my layout there are these modules:

Code: [Select]
fe.load_module("animate");
fe.load_module("conveyor");
fe.load_module("fade");
fe.load_module("module-master");
fe.load_module("shuffle");

Do I have to add one more?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 07:20:42 AM by zlagos »

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 09:11:23 AM »
Leap should have no dependencies. It’s a plug-in and independent of layouts. Try a default layout and disable other plugins. Perhaps something is messing with the signal? Let me know if it works or not like that.

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 02:02:42 AM »

Video explaining the two items above: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYHsAk4_EIw

The videos explaining things in English, are a bad idea for those of us from non-English speaking countries... Thank you very much...  ???

Favdeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2018, 04:01:30 AM »
The videos explaining things in English, are a bad idea for those of us from non-English speaking countries... Thank you very much...  ???
As a non-native English speaker myself, I concur that text based instructions would be better, for they can be auto-translated quite easily on the web.

However, many people today (though not I) prefer videos to text, so I can understand the decision for a video as well. English is the next best thing to a universal language today, and the video in question has captions that can be enabled, so anyone who can at least read English should be able to understand it.

Last, but not least, AM is a non-profit product with corresponding low resources. Anyone who wants instructions in other languages is free to create them by themselves, or pay others to do it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 04:03:20 AM by Favdeacon »

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2018, 05:32:41 AM »
As a non-native English speaker myself, I concur that text based instructions would be better, for they can be auto-translated quite easily on the web.

However, many people today (though not I) prefer videos to text, so I can understand the decision for a video as well. English is the next best thing to a universal language today, and the video in question has captions that can be enabled, so anyone who can at least read English should be able to understand it.

Last, but not least, AM is a non-profit product with corresponding low resources. Anyone who wants instructions in other languages is free to create them by themselves, or pay others to do it.

All of my repositories have readme files. :o Video is to provide examples of why you would want to use tags and the parser. Most people that use attractmode (based on what I’ve seen in mame facebook groups) download prebuilt rpi images and have no clue what a tag file even is.

I just set up my mac which I develop on with mame, flyers, minis (neogeo), roms, snap, videosnaps, and wheels for neogeo, nofiller2p, and vsnes - really easy and only takes up 9.18GB. Doesn’t clutter my development machine. My production machine, the MVS, can have complete sets as I have an SSD large enough, and just rely solely on the tag system.

Youtube Videos Closed Caption Translations
Desktop (Tested Mac 10.13 and Safari 11.1) -> Youtube Video -> Enable CC Button -> Settings (Gear) Button -> Subtitles/CC -> Auto-Translate -> Select Language -> Wait a few seconds for translations to appear

I have had mixed results doing this on my iPhone. It seems to only want to translate to the videos native language. Use a desktop.

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2018, 09:24:15 AM »
They taught me how to do things as well as I could, but now people are going to do things with whatever it costs them the least effort. And I do not say it for keilmillerjr, I say it in general.

In addition, everyone can do what they want.

And considering that I hate videotutoriales in Spanish... well I do not add more...

Favdeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2018, 10:17:37 AM »
All of my repositories have readme files. :o Video is to provide examples of why you would want to use tags and the parser. Most people that use attractmode (based on what I’ve seen in mame facebook groups) download prebuilt rpi images and have no clue what a tag file even is.
Thanks for the explanations. For my part, I use attractmode on my PC and Laptop with Kubuntu Linux, so it seems that I'm a special case.  :)

And considering that I hate videotutoriales in Spanish... well I do not add more...
Why is that? Just curious.

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2018, 07:04:50 PM »
Well, playchoicecomplete was updated with layout preview image. Thats all for the week. I will try to publish more over this next week.

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2018, 04:13:07 AM »
Why is that? Just curious.

Because most of youtube tutorials are very bad and only serve to waste time ... For a good one, there are a hundred bad ...

It is what has any "smartass" can make a video in two minutes counting any nonsense with minimal effort.