Author Topic: Can you theme the Displays Menu?  (Read 3597 times)

denmiclaw

• View Profile
Can you theme the Displays Menu?
« on: April 26, 2016, 05:50:38 PM »
I didn't see any kind of information about this, at least not that I could understand straight away :)

I noticed you can set AM to start up with the Displays Menu, to show a list of systems, but it's just the normal AM font used.

Has anyone managed to theme the Displays Menu?  If so, could you give me a quick rundown of how to/show some pictures?

Thanks!!

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Can you theme the Displays Menu?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 11:16:00 PM »
This is a good question. I have played with themes from HyperSpin and when doing so it changed the "Displays Menu" to be the HyperSpin "Main Menu" graphical themes. Knowing this, it has to be possible but I don't know how to do it without using HyperSpin themes.

You can read about this in the /attractmode/loader/hyperspin.nut file.

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
Re: Can you theme the Displays Menu?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 01:18:43 AM »
I didn't see any kind of information about this, at least not that I could understand straight away :)

I noticed you can set AM to start up with the Displays Menu, to show a list of systems, but it's just the normal AM font used.

Has anyone managed to theme the Displays Menu?  If so, could you give me a quick rundown of how to/show some pictures?

Thanks!!

Yes it is possible. Have a look at my ArcadeBliss - Info Overload Edition Theme. To theme the display, filter, or other menus, you need to use the fe.Overlay class in squirrel. If you are feeling really brave, you can design something from scratch in squirrel and assign it to a button. :)