Author Topic: Romlist wheel display error  (Read 3228 times)

goz

• View Profile
Romlist wheel display error
« on: November 09, 2018, 09:58:10 AM »
I have an annoying issue with my AM display, in that it is reading the hashtag header at the top of my romlist as a game, and trying to insert this as a game (?!) into the wheel (see below).

The heading at the top of the romlist is '#Cave Games'.

I've tried putting a space after the hashtag, but that doesn't resolve the issue, neither does deleting the header line altogether (it then just fails to read the first game in the list correctly.

Any ideas? It's super annoying.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Romlist wheel display error
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 09:57:18 PM »
Get rid of the '#Cave Games' line. Why is it there? "#" doesn't remark out a line in a romlist. Romlists have a fixed structure, the first line is never read and is assumed so changing it does nothing (it's only there for human reference) and all other lines are assumed to be roms.

Either leave the first line blank or put the default one in:
Code: [Select]
#Name;Title;Emulator;CloneOf;Year;Manufacturer;Category;Players;Rotation;Control;Status;DisplayCount;DisplayType;AltRomname;AltTitle;Extra;Buttons
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 09:59:47 PM by progets »

goz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 03:04:32 AM »
Thanks for the response, progets. I tried both suggestions and neither worked (it shows up a ‘blank’ game where the blank line is in the romlist.. So strange.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 09:01:07 AM »
Post the first 5 lines of your romlist and your AM version.

goz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 03:56:08 PM »
Sure thing. I'm on AM version 2.2.1.0

And I've attached the romlist.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2018, 12:33:45 AM »
Your romlist doesn't look like something AM would have generated. Each rom line should have a total of 16 semicolons (";") but yours only has 15 per line. Your file lacks the default header I mentioned earlier in the post. Your file also has no consistency in terms of the order that the roms are listed.

To test, you should rename your current romlist and then generate a new romlist in AM and see if it works properly. If it works properly (and you really want to use your existing romlist for some reason), we can then compare the two to determine your issue.

goz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 01:19:26 AM »
Quick update on this, just in case anyone else ever has the issue.

I am using a custom Romlist, as I'm using the Nesica theme, which customises a few fields for the front end. For some unknown reason, Notepad seemed to causing the issue when saving the Romlist.

When I edited and saved using Notepad++, the rogue game vanished from the wheel. V strange, but glad it's sorted.