Author Topic: Best Portrait / Vertical / Cocktail Themes?  (Read 15535 times)

mortron

• View Profile
Re: Best Portrait / Vertical / Cocktail Themes?
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2017, 06:40:23 AM »
Am new here, but just getting into AM and like what I am seeing. At first, I was worried that it would be quite tricky to learn, but it seems that the abundance of info online makes things a lot more seamless.

My current build is a vertical monitor cabinet, and am playing with some themes that came in AM. I started wanting robospin, but the way it fits on a vertical screen is a bit offputting, as is the fact that I already am going to have an arcade cabinet to look at videos on. Then I remembered verticools, which I thought would work alright, but it rotates the screen... this made it a horizontal again LOL.

What I have settled on for now is the Cools theme with the wheel art off to the left side, and am liking it - very basic and minimal... my only issue is that I am not a fan of the rom name displayed at bottom... a) I am having an issue with the Game Names not showing, just roms... and b) its redundant - the logo tells me what the game is. Other than that, I am fairly content until something better comes along. Another cool plus is that with a CRT on composite, text can look a bit wonky, so the logos are nice and clear - looks pro.

dunginhawk

• View Profile
Re: Best Portrait / Vertical / Cocktail Themes?
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2017, 10:44:36 AM »
SO I am new to AM as of today...
Im finding it a bit more difficult than some other emulators, but the thing Im hoping to get working here that I couldnt with Launchbox is cocktail.
Cocktail theme worked there, but the resolution etc was terrible.

Anyway, dualist doesnt seem to work here..  When i choose it, nothing happens.
Any idea why?

thanks