Author Topic: SILKY Theme v0.6.9 beta  (Read 81919 times)

liquid8d

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SILKY Theme v0.6.9 beta
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2017, 03:00:36 PM »
There is a controls.dat file for Mame but I don't think it's been updated in a while.. there was also a controls.ini project at some point. Perhaps that can be found from mame ctrlr files?

Other option is to generate custom images/launch something like CPWizard:

http://headsoft.com.au/index.php?category=cpwizard
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 03:05:15 PM by liquid8d »

Oomek

• Administrator
  • Radek Dutkiewicz
    • View Profile
    • github.com/oomek
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2017, 03:10:36 PM »
There is a controls.dat file for Mame but I don't think it's been updated in a while.. there was also a controls.ini project at some point. Perhaps that can be found from mame ctrlr files?

Other option is to generate custom images/launch something like CPWizard:

http://headsoft.com.au/index.php?category=cpwizard

I don't see any working link to controls.dat/ini later than 0.112.

Erg4zz4

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2017, 08:19:11 AM »
I'm using Motion Blue, so all my snaps,marquee etc. for MAME and FBA are in the ARCADE folder.
 all the video are working, but the column on the right it's not showing anything ,i get just black.
what kind of file goes in the right column? .png? or it takes previews png from the video snaps that i have? :-\
thank you!

EDIT
so i found out that if i put an image, in the same folder of the videos (snaps), it shows up! it is supposed to be like this?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 08:51:09 AM by Erg4zz4 »

calle81

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2017, 06:03:56 AM »
s
I'm using Motion Blue, so all my snaps,marquee etc. for MAME and FBA are in the ARCADE folder.
 all the video are working, but the column on the right it's not showing anything ,i get just black.
what kind of file goes in the right column? .png? or it takes previews png from the video snaps that i have? :-\
thank you!

EDIT
so i found out that if i put an image, in the same folder of the videos (snaps), it shows up! it is supposed to be like this?

Ommek covered this on the previous page. You can add two directories for snaps semi colon separated. One for videos and one for pictures. That way you dont have to mix them.

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2017, 12:13:14 AM »
Hi oOmek,

are your modules for the conveyor and animation drop-in replacements for the originals?

RoughDuck

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2017, 03:54:12 AM »
How do we configure colors per system?

ginoginelli

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2018, 11:55:41 AM »
Hi Oomek,

Just to let you know I noticed a problem with your crt.frag.

Changing the lines:

if( params.y )
      gl_FragColor.xyz = gl_FragColor.xyz * ((sin((gl_TexCoord[0].y * params.x ) * PI ) + 1) * 0.5);

to:

if( params.y > 0. )
      gl_FragColor.xyz = gl_FragColor.xyz * ((sin((gl_TexCoord[0].y * params.x ) * PI ) + 1.) * 0.5);

fixed the problem (note also the "." behind the "1"). Not sure if I'm the only one with this issue (I'm running Attract-Mode on a Mac) but just thought I let you know.

Cheers and thanks for an awesome layout!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 12:26:18 AM by ginoginelli »

Tapper

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2018, 03:23:00 AM »
Hello. New user here. Love Attract Mode and this Silky layout is so far my favorite!

I am running on a 4K TV. I noticed the "scanlines filter" option doesn't look right on my 4K screen. It just makes the videos seem darker, but scanlines are not really noticeable unless you look at the screen up close. Is there a way I can change some code to make the scanline effect look right in 4K?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 06:37:46 PM by Tapper »

Oomek

• Administrator
  • Radek Dutkiewicz
    • View Profile
    • github.com/oomek
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2018, 07:48:40 PM »
Hello. New user here. Love Attract Mode and this Silky layout is so far my favorite!

I am running on a 4K TV. I noticed the "scanlines filter" option doesn't look right on my 4K screen. It just makes the videos seem darker, but scanlines are not really noticeable unless you look at the screen up close. Is there a way I can change some code to make the scanline effect look right in 4K?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Change the following line in crt.frag:

Code: [Select]
gl_FragColor.xyz = gl_FragColor.xyz * ((sin((gl_TexCoord[0].y * params.x  ) * PI ) + 1) * 0.5);
to:

Code: [Select]
gl_FragColor.xyz = gl_FragColor.xyz * ((sin((gl_TexCoord[0].y * params.x * 0.5 ) * PI ) + 1) * 0.5);
or
gl_FragColor.xyz = gl_FragColor.xyz * ((sin((gl_TexCoord[0].y * params.x * 0.25 ) * PI ) + 1) * 0.5);

Oomek

• Administrator
  • Radek Dutkiewicz
    • View Profile
    • github.com/oomek
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2018, 07:50:44 PM »
And sorry for the late reply.
AM forum has decided to not to send me any reply notifications anymore even though I have set notifications properly.

Tapper

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2018, 12:08:16 PM »
Thank you! Looks great now. No problem about the time of reply, I just appreciate having this nice layout.

Tapper

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2018, 11:11:32 PM »
Hey Oomek, another coding question for you.

Is it possible to make the gamelist transparent? I noticed it's transparent briefly when it slides in or out, but then it becomes opaque when you scroll thru the list of games. I think it would look cool seeing the flyers change under the list of titles.

I tried playing with some stuff in layout.nut, but as usual I don't know what I'm doing so didn't figure it out.

calle81

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2018, 02:32:00 AM »
Hey Oomek, another coding question for you.

Is it possible to make the gamelist transparent? I noticed it's transparent briefly when it slides in or out, but then it becomes opaque when you scroll thru the list of games. I think it would look cool seeing the flyers change under the list of titles.

I tried playing with some stuff in layout.nut, but as usual I don't know what I'm doing so didn't figure it out.

You need to change the opacity value for the animations. Look for lines similar to this (there are multiple, one for each transition):

gameListBoxAnimA.from = 0
gameListBoxAnimA.to = 255

And change 255 to something lower like 200.

Or you can make it an option in layout config:

</ label="List Box Opacity", help="Set List Box Opacity. 255 is equal to no opacity", options="100,200,255", order=16 /> ListBoxOpacity="255";   

local ListBoxAlpha = my_config["ListBoxOpacity"].tointeger();

then instead of 255 just set ListBoxAlpha:

gameListBoxAnimA.from = 0
gameListBoxAnimA.to =  ListBoxAlpha

Oomek

• Administrator
  • Radek Dutkiewicz
    • View Profile
    • github.com/oomek
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2018, 01:36:32 PM »
As calle81 said :). AM forum as usual did not send me any notification.

Tapper

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2018, 06:07:54 AM »
Thank you!